This month we keep the distance theme going and also introduce a bit of fun with a play on numbers and dates. The expectation is pure participation and challenge is whatever you make it with the option of running miles or kms.
Speed here isn’t the challenge but remember all the virtual running distances from 1 mile to half-marathon are still there for you to run and generate pace-based points on the board throughout the month.
Submit your response using the form on the Virtual Events page.
Here’s how it works:
- There is a total of 10 runs, one run on each of 10 ten days.
- Add up the date digits of the day to give you that day’s distance, eg adding up the date digits of 2/2/21 gives you 2+2+2+1 = 7. The distance can be either miles or kms.
- Try to run on the day specified but give yourself some flexibility, still keeping within the specified week.
- There is the option of a distance for your special day, eg birthday, anniversary, etc. Be careful here, if you choose your birthday which happens to be on 29/9/21 then your distance will be 2+9+9+2+1 = 23 miles/kms.
- There are two “palindrome days”, so-called because the date digits read the same both forwards and backwards. On these days you can opt to double the distance. Plus, on these days there’ll be the chance of a spot prize.
and in detail:
|Mon 1 Feb to Sun 7 Feb||Week 1||1/2/21||6*||6*|
|Week 1 total||13||13|
|Mon 8 Feb to Sat 13 Feb||Week 2||10/2/21||6||6|
|Week 2 total||21||21|
|Sun 14 Feb1||Week 3||14/2/21||10||10|
|Sat 20 Feb to Sun 28 Feb||Week 4||20/2/21||7||7|
|Week 4 total||24||24|
|Optional memory day||??/??/21||?||?|
* palindrome day – option to double the distance
1 Valentine’s Day special