NORTHBROOK ATHLETIC CLUB COMMITTEE MEETING
held on 13 May 2019
A. French (President)
R. Adams (Chairman)
A. Mackness (Treasurer)
M. Baker (Secretary)
S. Davies (Men’s Captain)
C. Fenn (Women’s Captain)
C. Shepherd (Social Secretary)
R. Ladbury (Guest)
- Apologies – R. Cawley (Membership Secretary)
- Matters Arising – None
- Treasurer’s Report – Tony Mackness provided details of the accounts.
- Social Secretary Report – A post marathon meal is on 1st June in Earlsdon, There will be a Summer picnic at the Memorial Park after the Coventry parkrun on 25th May. A further picnic may be arranged in July. For picnics, bring your own food.
- Men’s/Women’s Captains’ Report -The Warks Road Race League began with the Massey Tractor 10Km. The Cotswolds Hilly 100 featured 6 teams. The mixed team won the race in record time. Thanks to all the team captains. The men won the team prize at the Stratford Shakespeare Marathon. The next Warks Road Race League event is the Ryton 5 miles. Mark Baker has been selected to represent a Celtic Team (representing Wales) v England in the MV50 age group at 10km, half marathon and marathon.
- Summer Handicap – Bar codes were used for the first time in the second race of the series, alongside the traditional finishing discs. 90 runners competed. Thanks to Roger Ladbury and Tony Mackness for introducing the barcodes, and Richard French for checking the results, as well as all the helpers on the night. The exercise will be repeated next month.
- 10Km race – The race is on 14th July 2019 at 9.40am. Race entries are being received. Parkrun advertising of the race is continuing. Terry Moynihan has names of helpers. There will be a leaflet drop on 26th June to local residents. Cath Fenn will create some maps for the marshals, so that they can give the public information about alternative routes during the race.
- Runners of the Month – April 2019 winners – Men: Stuart Lumsden (won Sutton Park half marathon by 5 minutes, PB in London Marathon), Ladies: Natasha White (won Centurion series, PB London Marathon, 2nd Massey 10Km).
- Any other business:
- Birmingham XC League – we are jointly hosting the first fixture on 9th November 2019 with Sphinx and Nuneaton. We will host a ladies Midland League division 2 race as well.
- Training – Spencer Davies said 30 people at new 5Km improvement training.
- Parkrun special events – All clubs parkrun at Leamington on 11th May was a great turnout. Sphinx run-off at Coventry parkrun on 25th May – we need more people than Sphinx.
- Club Photo – at Jaguar club before training on Wednesday 10 July.
- Good, Bad & Ugly relay – Wednesday 19 June.
- Club Race the Train – Wednesday 17 July.
- Lockup – Tony French in discussions about our existing lockup.
- Car Sticker – Could a Northbrook car sticker be produced?
- Sunrise 5km – A new race in Coventry centre in July at 5am (approx)
- Next Meeting – Monday 10 June 2019 at 8pm at Cath Fenn’s residence.
Minutes prepared by Mark Baker