NORTHBROOK ATHLETIC CLUB COMMITTEE MEETING
held on 20 August 2018
A. French (President)
R. Adams (Chairman)
M. Baker (Secretary)
A. Mackness (Treasurer)
R. Cawley (Membership Secretary and Social Secretary)
S. Davies (Men’s Captain)
C. Fenn (Women’s Captain)
- Apologies – R Ladbury
- Matters Arising – none
- Treasurer’s Report – Tony Mackness showed details of the accounts.
- Social Secretary Report – A possible Christmas meal may be arranged. The next Awards Night will provisionally be on 16th February 2019 at a venue to be arranged. It will be combined with a 40th Anniversary celebration.
- Men’s/Women’s Captains’ Report – There were lots of good race runs including the Warks Road Race League, Massey 5km (Natasha White was 1st lady) and Thunder Run. Fixtures coming soon are the Kenilworth Half Marathon and Midland Relays at Sutton Park.
- Cross-country season – We are co-hosting the opening Birmingham XC and Midland Ladies XC races at Coundon Park on 10th November. Masseys and Sphinx are also co-hosts. Tony French discussed preparations so far regarding the course, restricted areas, first aid, parking, facilities, etc. Cath Fenn discussed a 15% surcharge that the Birmingham League were trying to levy on the Midland Ladies league. Cath had strong views that the clubs did not support this charge, and that it was not agreed at the Birmingham League AGM. Therefore, we will support actions to ensure that no levy is applied
- 10Km race – Tony French said that a ‘sweep-up’ meeting is arranged. Terry Moynihan completed a traffic management course.
- Kit – A new kit order can be placed soon as members are asking about kit availability.
- August 2018 winners – Men: Ian Paterson (PBs at Stratford, Northbrook 10Km, Leamington Half Marathon), Ladies: Sue Clarke (started in beginners group, lots of good races including Thunder Run).
- Any other business:
- Summer Handicap – Very popular this year. Final race on 5th September
- Ruby Relay – 71 runners completed this 40th anniversary event organised by Mark Baker
- Parkrun Cup – Richard Cawley is arranging the next competition
- Rainbow Lockup sale (Club Equipment storage) – we have not had an update on this.
- Next Meeting – Monday 17 September 2018 at 8pm at Bob Adams’ residence.
Minutes prepared by Mark Baker