NORTHBROOK ATHLETIC CLUB COMMITTEE MEETING
held on 4 December 2017
A. French (President)
R.. Adams (Chairman)
M. Baker (Secretary)
A. Mackness (Treasurer)
S. Davies (Men’s Captain)
C. Fenn (Acting Ladies’ Captain)
- Apologies – R. Cawley (Membership Secretary), C. Rowntree (Ladies Captain), J. Liggett (Social Secretary) R. Ladbury
- Matters Arising – none
- Treasurer’s Report – Tony Mackness showed details of the accounts. Membership is 175. England Athletics are increasing membership fees next year.
- Social Secretary Report – Future plans include a Xmas meal at The Farmhouse on 8th December, The Awards Night is at Hearsall Golf Club on Saturday 13th January 2018 and 40th Anniversary of Northbrook in 2018.
- Mens/Ladies Captains’ Report – Cath Fenn and the ladies organised the first league cross-country race at Coundon Park. The second race at Stratford saw ladies finish 13th. The men’s first league race was at Lilleshall in Division 2, followed by Stratford. The men are 14th. There have also been some great performances in other cross-country races, and road races, reflected in the road race championship tables.
- 10Km race – Next race is on Sunday 8th July 2018. Entries open in March 2018. Sponsors are being sought. Charities to be finalised. 10K website has been redesigned.
- Runner of the Month – November 2017 winners – Men: Damian Pharoah (1st for age in 10 mile race and ran well in cross-country), Ladies: Julie Cozens (PBs at 5 miles, Coombe 8 and XC races).
- Any other business:
- Sunday Training runs – Clive Horton organising at 9am from Jaguar, and cross-country training
- AGM – to be booked for Wednesday 24th January at Jaguar – notice for proposals needed soon
- Awards – Voted awards forms and shortlists are needed
- Parkrun Cup – Richard Cawley organising final rounds of competition
- Christmas Cracker Run – Tony Mackness organising run on 17th December
- London Marathon Club Places – 2 places received – draw is on 6th December
- Brighton Marathon Club Places – 10 places expected
- Coventry Half Marathon – 18th March 2018 – Dave Long has again asked for Northbrook help and participation
- Track and Field – some members are interested in competitions
- Cotswold Hilly 100 relay – date is Sunday 27th May 2018
- National cross-country – February 2018 in London – transport by train recommended
- Next Meeting – Monday 8 January 2018 at 8pm at Cath Fenn’s residence.
Minutes prepared by Mark Baker