NORTHBROOK ATHLETIC CLUB COMMITTEE MEETING
held on 6 November 2017
R. Adams (Chairman)
M. Baker (Secretary)
R. Cawley (Membership Secretary)
S. Davies (Men’s Captain)
C. Fenn (Acting Ladies’ Captain)
J. Liggett (Social Secretary)
- Apologies – C. Rowntree (Ladies’ Captain, A. French (President), A.Mackness (Treasurer)
- Matters Arising – none
- Treasurer’s Report – Tony Mackness was attending the WCAA AGM. Tony sent details of the accounts. More ‘runner of the month’ vouchers need to be purchased. Membership is 175. England Athletics are increasing membership fees next year.
- Social Secretary Report – Future plans include a Christmas meal at The Farmhouse on 8th December, Presentation Night (venue at Beechwood, Sandpits Lane to be booked for 13th January 2018) and 40th Anniversary of Northbrook in 2018.
- Mens/Ladies Captains’ Report – The XC season has started with the Midland XC relays and Warwick University XC relays (Amanda Deavy was fastest lady and ladies were 3rd team). Cath Fenn and the ladies are helping to organise the first league XC race at Coundon Park. The ladies have been moved to Division 1 of the league. The mens first league race is at Lilleshall in Division 2. There have also been some great performances in road races, reflected in the road race championship tables.
- 10Km race – Next race is on Sunday 8th July 2018. Entries open in March 2018. Sponsors are being sought.
- Runner of the Month – October 2017 winners – Men: Martin McHugh (PB in Manchester half-marathon and ran lots of club races). Ladies: Helen Wyatt (ran 100 miles race).
- Any other business:
- Sunday Training runs – Clive Horton organising at 9am from Jaguar, and XC training
- AGM – to be booked for Wednesday 24th January at Jaguar if room available
- Thunder Run – teams have been entered and subsidised so individual payments are due
- Parkrun Cup – Richard Cawley organising next round of competition
- Christmas Cracker Run – Tony Mackness organising run on 17th December
- London Marathon Club Places – applications open at mid November and 2 places expected
- Brighton Marathon Club Places – 10 places expected
- Jaguar Fees – should have been paid by members
- Coventry Half Marathon – 18th March 2018 – Dave Long has again asked for Northbrook help and participation
- WCAA Fees – Tony Mackness will let us know affiliation fees for next year
- Next Meeting – Monday 4 December 2017 at 8pm at Bob Adams’ residence.
Minutes prepared by Mark Baker