NORTHBROOK ATHLETIC CLUB COMMITTEE MEETING
held on 9 October 2017
A. French (President)
R. Adams (Chairman)
M. Baker (Secretary)
A. Mackness (Treasurer)
R. Cawley (Membership Secretary)
S. Davies (Men’s Captain)
C. Fenn (Acting Ladies’ Captain)
J. Liggett (Social Secretary)
- Apologies – C. Rowntree (Ladies’ Captain, R. Ladbury (Guest)
- Matters Arising – none
- Treasurer’s Report – Tony Mackness discussed details of the accounts. There was expenditure on a new club tent. Membership is 170. England Athletics are increasing membership fees next year.
- Social Secretary Report – Bob’s birthday Quiz at Jaguar was excellent. Thanks to Julie Liggett and Mitch (Sphinx) for organising. Future plans include a Christmas meal at The Farmhouse on 8th December, Presentation Night (Village Hotel to be booked) and 40th Anniversary of Northbrook in 2018.
- Mens/Ladies Captains’ Report – Many thanks to Clare Rowntree for all her contributions to the club. Clare has now left the area. Cath Fenn has kindly agreed to take on the Ladies’ Captain role from then until the AGM. Jo Brown won the Brecon Beacons run. The Sutton relays were well attended, and the new club gazebo was used. Terry Moynihan helped a lot with the organisation. Next is the XC season. Ladies are helping to organise the first league XC race at Coundon Hall Park.
- 10Km race – Next race is on Sunday 8th July 2018. Tony Mackness said that £2900 was raised for charities including Myton, Scouts, Great Ormond and Allesley Festival. Steve Turvey has joined the sub-committee.
- Runner of the Month – September 2017 winners – Men: Stuart Lumsden (great Berlin Marathon and Kenilworth Half-Marathon). Ladies: Jo Brown (ran 170Km in Equinox –3rd lady).
- Any other business:
- Sunday Training runs – Clive Horton organising at 9am from Jaguar, and XC training.
- LIRF Coaches – club needs more applicants. Tony Mackness needs to be informed of people applying for courses.
- Third-party Web app – we were approached but our website is working well.
- Equipment Lockups – No charges requested at Rainbow.
- Parkrun Cup – Richard Cawley organising next round of new competition.
- London Marathon Club Places – applications open at mid-November.
- Coventry Half Marathon – 18th March 2018 – Dave Long has again asked for Northbrook help and participation.
- Thunder Run Payments – A subsidy is still available, but entrants should pay an upfront non-refundable payment.
- Next Meeting – Monday 6 November 2017 at 8pm at Spencer Davies’ residence.
Minutes prepared by Mark Baker