NORTHBROOK ATHLETIC CLUB COMMITTEE MEETING
held on 4 September 2017
A. French (President)
R. Adams (Chairman)
M. Baker (Secretary)
A. Mackness (Treasurer)
R. Cawley (Membership Secretary)
S. Davies (Men’s Captain)
C. Rowntree (Women’s Captain)
J. Liggett (Social Secretary)
C. Fenn (Guest)
R. Ladbury (Guest)
- Apologies – none
- Matters Arising – none
- Treasurer’s Report – Tony Mackness discussed details of the accounts. There was expenditure on a new club tent. Membership is 168.
- Social Secretary Report – Bob’s birthday at Cosmo was a great night out. Next on 29th September is the Quiz at Jaguar. Future plans were for discussed for Christmas, Presentation Night and 40th Anniversary of Northbrook in 2018.
- Mens/Ladies Captains’ Report – Many thanks to Clare Rowntree for all her contributions to the club. Clare will be moving to a new area in a few months. Cath Fenn has kindly agreed to take on the Women’s Captain role from then until the AGM. Women are currently 5th in the Warks Road Race League (7th Masters team). Well done to men and women competing in all events in league and the Thunder Run. All results are on the club website. Next big club event is the Sutton Park relays followed by the XC season. Northbrook and other local teams are organising the first women’s XC league race at Coundon Park on 11th November.
- 10Km race – Next race is on Sunday 8th July 2018. This year saw record entries (approx 700) and finishers (approx 625) including 90 in the childrens fun run. Thanks to everyone who helped, and special thanks to John Ralph, who is stepping down from the sub-committee. The option of chip timing was discussed for the future, but it needs to be considered further.
- Runner of the Month – July 2017 winners – Men: John Ralph (10K organising committee outstanding contribution). Women: Amanda Deavy (great runs at 10K and mile relays). August 2017 winners – Men: Richard Cawley (improving, and good BRAT 5Km). Women: Lisa Busby (good Draycote 10K run).
- Any other business:
- Website – thanks to Roger Ladbury for an excellent website revamp.
- Thursday Training group – was a great success with a regular 20 runners.
- Sunday Training runs – Clive Horton organising at 9am from Jaguar
- LIRF Coaches – club needs more applicants
- Equipment Lockups – Tony French discussed options at Rainbow or alternatives.
- XC team incentives – Spencer Davies discussed options for new season.
- Summer Handicap – Final race on 6th September
- Parkrun Cup – Richard Cawley to organise a new competition.
- London Marathon Club Places – applications open at end of October
- Next Meeting – Monday 9 October 2017 at 8pm at Bob Adams’ residence.
Minutes prepared by Mark Baker