NORTHBROOK ATHLETIC CLUB COMMITTEE MEETING
held on 3 July 2017
A. French (President)
R. Adams (Chairman)
M. Baker (Secretary)
A. Mackness (Treasurer)
R. Cawley (Membership Secretary)
S. Davies (Men’s Captain)
C. Rowntree (Women’s Captain)
J. Liggett (Social Secretary)
R. Ladbury (Guest)
- Apologies – none
- Matters Arising – none
- Treasurer’s Report – Tony Mackness discussed details of the accounts.
- Social Secretary Report – Friday 25th August – Bob’s birthday – Cosmo. 29th September – Quiz at Jaguar. Plans for Christmas 2018 – joint party with other clubs.
- Mens/Ladies Captains’ Report – Ladies won the team prize at the Sphinx 5 miles. Warks Road Race League races well attended, and age group prizes possible.
- 10Km race – Race is on Sunday 9th July 2017. Race start will be in Browns Lane. Final preparations taking place. Marshals needed. Around 600 entries. Thanks to all the 10Km committee for their work on the event.
- Runner of the Month – June 2017 winners – Men: Mark Parker – improvements in lots of races. Ladies: Liz Pharoah – Comrades Ultramarathon.
- Any other business:
- Website – a revamp is planned soon.
- Club Photo – Wednesday 26th July at Jaguar before training.
- Good, Bad & Ugly relays – well attended. Thanks to Richard Cawley for organising teams.
- Race the Train – 19th July – Hampton in Arden to Tile Hill.
- 1 mile relays – 6th July – Sphinx, Copsewood.
- Thursday Training group – about 25 people now, will run in our 10Km race.
- Sunday Training runs – Clive Horton organising at 9am from Jaguar Club.
- Ladies XC – Clare hoping that Northbrook and other local teams organise first race at Coundon Park in November.
- Summer Handicap – still well attended.
- Next Meeting – Monday 4 September 2017 at 8pm at Julie Liggett’s residence
Minutes prepared by Mark Baker