NORTHBROOK ATHLETIC CLUB COMMITTEE MEETING
held on 5 June 2017
A. French (President)
R. Adams (Chairman)
A. Mackness (Treasurer)
R. Cawley (Membership Secretary)
S. Davies (Men’s Captain)
C. Rowntree (Women’s Captain)
J. Liggett (Social Secretary)
R. Ladbury (Guest)
- Apologies – M. Baker (Secretary)
- Matters Arising –
- Sphinx AC have proposed a joint Christmas do in 2018 with all the Coventry running clubs. We agreed we should particiapte. A joint committee should be established.
- Treasurer’s Report – Tony Mackness discussed details of the accounts.
- Membership – We have two new members and around 160 members in total.
- Social Secretary Report – 6 teams took part in the Race for Beer relays in Stratford. We discussed the possibility of having a quiz, possibly in September. The Good the Bad and the Ugly relay will take place on June 28th, whilst the Race the Train event will be on July 19th.
- Mens/Ladies Captains’ Report – We put out 5 teams at this year’s Hilly Hundred relay. Some members ran a further distance than expected as one runner had to pull out on the day. The mixed team were second, whilst the ladies team was 4th. 18 Northbrookers ran in the Warwickshire League race at Ryton Pools.
- 10Km race – A recent email has been sent requesting marshals, but still more are required. The race this year will start on Browns Lane rather than Fenton Road. Letters to householders will be delivered on 21st June – the night will start at 7pm to ensure that people can still have a proper training session. We are still looking for someone to video the finish.
- Runner of the Month – May 2017 winners – Men: Jon Seed – Great performance in the Hilly Hundred, and third Northbrooker back at Ryton Pools 5 mile race. Ladies: Sally Eason – great time in the Liverpool Marathon.
- Any other business:
- We have been getting queries about whether Northbrook is track and field affiliated – it is.
- Roger is working to launch a new website. When it is first launched some of the older results may not be apparent to begin with.
- There are 2 places still available for Thunder Run
- Next Meeting – Monday 3 July June 2017 at 8pm at Bob Adams’ residence
Minutes prepared by Clare Rowntree