NORTHBROOK ATHLETIC CLUB COMMITTEE MEETING
held on 8 May 2017
A. French (President)
R. Adams (Chairman)
M. Baker (Secretary)
A. Mackness (Treasurer)
R. Cawley (Membership Secretary)
S. Davies (Men’s Captain)
R. Ladbury (Guest)
- Apologies – C. Rowntree (Women’s Captain), J. Liggett (Social Secretary)
- Matters Arising – Spencer Davies said that Rob Cox is organising a training group in Allesley
- Treasurer’s Report – Tony Mackness discussed details of the accounts. Clive Horton has put in a request to buy training equipment.
- Membership – We have around 154 registered members since the AGM. Only paid up members can score points in the Summer handicap.
- Social Secretary Report – The post marathon meal at ‘The Mint’ on 28th April was a great success. We may organise a quiz night soon, with help from Sphinx.
- Men’s/Women’s Captains’ Report – We had 3 men’s and 2 women’s teams at the Midlands 12 Stage Road Relays at Sutton Park. Also, the Cotswold Hilly 100 will be a great team event soon. It has been Marathon season, with lots of great results, especially Steve Turvey breaking 3 hours in Manchester. The Warks Road Race League is also underway.
- 10Km race – The race is on Sunday 9th July 2017. Race start will be in Browns Lane. Race entries are now open, and have got off to a good start. Terry Moynihan went to a traffic management course. Marshals and helpers are needed, and should contact Tony French. First Aid needs to be arranged. We may have a sub 1 hour pace runner.
- Runner of the Month – March 2017 winners – Men: Ben Smith (PB Coventry half, fastest Sutton relays). Women: Louise Myers (good runs in Coventry half and Sutton relays) – April 2017 winners – Men: Steve Turvey (sub 3 hour Marathon in Manchester). Women: Clare Rowntree (good runs at Ashby 20 and London Marathon).
- Any other business:
- Coventry Half Marathon volunteers – Dave Long (local Olympian) was very pleased with the Northbrook ‘club zone’ where we cheered on runners and promoted the club. Thanks to all the volunteers. We have now received £100 for our funds.
- Summer Handicap – first 2 races were well attended, followed by cakes in the bar.
- XC bid – We didn’t win bid for a fixture next season. Dates and venues will be on website.
- Women’s XC – the women are investigating if a race can be held in Coventry.
- Good, Bad & Ugly relay – date agreed – Wednesday 28th June.
- Race the Train – date agreed – Wednesday 19th July.
- Club Photo – planned for Wednesday 12th July at training night.
- Training Groups – Level 3 is getting very large – coaches will discuss options together, to spread out groups. An extra coach may be needed.
- Training request – we were approached about running training for a girl’s football team but we do not have licences to coach young athletes.
- Club Mailing List – Thanks to Roger Ladbury who is investigating email issues.
- Next Meeting – Monday 5th June 2017 at 8pm at Richard Cawley’s residence.
Minutes prepared by Mark Baker