NORTHBROOK ATHLETIC CLUB COMMITTEE MEETING
held on 13 February 2017
A. French President)
R. Adams (Chairman)
M. Baker (Secretary)
A. Mackness (Treasurer)
R. Cawley (Membership Secretary)
C. Rowntree (Women’s Captain)
S. Davies (Men’s Captain)
J. Liggett (Social Secretary)
- Apologies – R. Ladbury (guest)
- Welcome – new committee members Julie Liggett and Richard Cawley.
- Matters Arising – none.
- Treasurer’s Report – Tony Mackness discussed details of the accounts. We have around 30 re-registered members since the AGM, so many subscriptions are still to be collected.
- Social Secretary Report – The Awards Night at the Village Hotel near Hearsall Common on Saturday 28th January 2017 was a great success with 90 people attending. There will be a post marathon meal on 28th April, and Tommy Dempsey’s birthday bash is on 25th March. Kevin Coughlan is appearing at the Belgrade, and support is welcome. There was also a discussion about a new members night – maybe bowling.
- Mens/Ladies Captains’ Report – The ladies won the Silver Masters medals in the Ladies Midland XC League. The ladies just missed promotion to Division 1, by 11 points finishing in 4th place in Division 2, after the final league race at Warwick University. The men finished 12th overall in the Birmingham XC League retaining their Division 2 status. The men were 14th in the last league race which we co-hosted at Coundon Park. The Midland XC was longer than planned, and the next events are the National XC and Midlands Road Relays.
- 10Km race – Next year’s race is on Sunday 9th July 2017. Race start will be in Browns Lane. Race entries will open in early March.
- Club Kit – Damian Pharoah has club vests, t-shirts and skorts.
- Runner of the Month – January 2017 winners – Rory McPheators – excellent XC runs. Ladies: Claudie Combelas – 1st FV55 at Ilmington 10Km race, and ran well at Warks XC and Wolverhampton XC.
- Any other business –
- Park Run Cup – Oliver Jones has organised this challenge within the Park Runs. It is underway and generating exciting discussions on Facebook updates. The last 8 are left.
- Coundon Park – We co-hosted the mens league fixture on 11th February 2017. Thanks to Tony French for all his organisation, and thanks to everyone else who helped on the day. The refreshments also did well on the day.
- Coventry Half Marathon volunteers – Dave Long (local Olympian) approached us about ‘club zones’ where we can cheer on runners and promote the club. Volunteers can contact Mark Baker.
- Two Castles 10Km race – we have been allocated ballot entries again this year.
- Summer Handicap – begins on Wednesday 1st April, followed by cakes in the Jaguar bar.
- Extra Silver Medals – these will be purchased for the Ladies XC runners.
- Summer Training – Spencer Davies said that Rob Cox may be interested in organising a training group in Allesley Park for new runners aiming at a 10Km distance. Runners can pay a training fee which is the same as the Northbrook 10Km entry fee, then run the race for free if they wish.
- Next Meeting – Monday 20 March at Clare Rowntree’s residence.
Minutes prepared by Mark Baker