NORTHBROOK ATHLETIC CLUB COMMITTEE MEETINGS
held by video conference on 4 January 2022
A. French (President)
R. Adams (Chairman)
M. Baker (Secretary)
T. Hughes (Membership Secretary)
A. Mackness (Treasurer)
S. Duffy (Social Secretary)
S. Davies (Mane’s Captain)
S. Eason (Women’s Captain)
- Apologies – None
- Matters Arising from previous meeting – None
- Treasurer’s Report – Tony Mackness circulated details of accounts before the meeting. Approximately 230 members have paid subscriptions so far. The club is supporting ongoing CIRF/LIRF courses.
- England Athletics (EA) Coronavirus COVID-19 Advice – The latest information is always available on the EA website or from the leaders and coaches.
- Events – Spencer Davies, Sally Eason and all the leaders are doing a great job. Also, Kevin Coughlan and Roger Ladbury have been providing lots of running statistics and points tables. The end of year stats are now available. The Men’s and Women’s Cross-Country Leagues are continuing with the next races at Droitwich, and the Warks, Midlands and National Cross-Country events are taking place soon.
- Social Events – Sarah Duffy said the Christmas meal on 4th December at Keresley was an enjoyable event. Sarah has booked 5th March 2022 at Jaguar for the Awards Night. This can be known as ‘Celebration of Running Year’.
- AGM – Bob Adams made arrangements for a virtual AGM meeting on Thursday 13th January at 7.30pm with help from Stuart Paul of Midlands Athletics. Roger Ladbury will add proposals to the website and proposals and nominations will be available for voting on the night.
- 10km race – Tony Mackness hopes that the race will go ahead this year on 10th July. Bruker and Coventry Runner are continuing sponsorship of the race.
- Runners of the Month – December 2021 – Cliff Evans (good results recently), Women: Tori Boyle (many good race results).
- Any other business:
- Runner of the Month vouchers – A club poll of members favoured a draw for a £60 voucher for annual winners. To be proposed at AGM.
- Runner of the Month voting – We can investigate if the voting link can be opened throughout the month
- Kit – Damian Pharoah said hoodies and t-shirts have been delivered
- Website Training Sessions – Rob Cox and Roger Ladbury updating information.
- Awards – Bob Adams is collecting trophies from last years winners
- Kit – Damian Pharoah has sent in an order for hoodies and t-shirts
- New Members Pack – Sally Eason asked about a club introduction pack
- Next Meeting – after AGM (provisional) – Tuesday 1 February 2022 at 7.30pm to be held by video conference.
Minutes prepared by Mark Baker