NORTHBROOK ATHLETIC CLUB COMMITTEE MEETINGS
held by video conference on 4 May 2021
R. Adams (Chairman)
M. Baker (Secretary)
A. Mackness (Treasurer)
T. Hughes (Membership Secretary)
S. Duffy (Social Secretary)
S. Davies (Men’s Captain)
S. Eason (Women’s Captain)
R. Cox (guest)
- Apologies – A. French (President) – due to technology issues
- Matters Arising from previous meeting – Bob Adams has now presented awards to winners
- Northbrook 10Km race – A virtual 10km event will be looked at. The Northbrook 10Km plans to return in July 2022.
- Treasurer’s Report – Tony Mackness circulated details of accounts before the meeting. Approximately 210 members have paid subscriptions so far. The club is supporting ongoing CIRF/LIRF courses.
- England Athletics (EA) Coronavirus COVID-19 Advice – Current COVID rules for full lockdown, restrict training in groups. The latest information is always available on the EA website or from the leaders and coaches. Leaders and Coaches are continuously reviewing the rules. Training places are limited until more leaders have been trained. The current leaders will only be able to organise a limited number of sessions per week, so patience is needed from members.
- Return to Training Pattern – Thanks to Rob Cox for attending. Rob Cox said that we hope that some guidance rules may be changed soon to allow larger groups. As ‘normality’ returns there were some concerns about returning to training at Jaguar, and options are being looked at. We cannot expect to congregate in large numbers before training. Also, the booking system may need to be extended for a while to have manageable group numbers. The committee will consider options and report back at the next meeting, or sooner if things change quickly.
- Events – there has been great club interest in all the virtual events, and ‘NOT’ race series. Virtual training sessions will be displayed on the club website. Details of the virtual Summer Handicap were circulated. There will be a virtual marathon relay in May. Also, in April there was an ‘actual’ club event (Wacky races) with small groups running 2 miles. The ‘Cotswolds Hilly 100’ is on 6th June, and we will fund all team entries. Spencer Davies and all the leaders are doing a great job. Also, Kevin Coughlan and Roger Ladbury have been providing lots of running statistics and points tables.
- Social Events – Sarah Duffy has ideas for events when we are fully out of lockdown. The first planned event is a ‘welcome back’ event on Saturday 10th July at Jaguar club. The event may be preceded by some runs. There could be a bouncy castle for children, and a charity bake.
- Runners of the Month – April 2021 – Men: Robin Aston (great marathon run). Women: Claudie Combelas (great mileage).
- Any other business:
- London Marathon Club Places – there are 2 new club places for the October 2021 race, and a draw will be organised. There will be no club places for 2022.
- Club Email System – Webmaster Roger Ladbury has recommended an improved solution, after recent email issues. There was support for funding a robust system, and Roger will report back on the best options.
- Cross-Country Events – we will not make a bid, or joint bid, for a league fixture now. We will review after the league AGM.
- Award Cups – some clarification of the criteria for winning some cups is needed.
- Next Meeting – Tuesday 8 June 2021 at 7.30pm to be held by video conference.
Minutes prepared by Mark Baker