NORTHBROOK ATHLETIC CLUB COMMITTEE MEETINGS
held by video conference on 6 April 2021
A. French (President)
R. Adams (Chairman)
M. Baker (Secretary)
A. Mackness (Treasurer)
T. Hughes (Membership Secretary)
S. Duffy (Social Secretary)
S. Davies (Men’s Captain)
S. Eason (Women’s Captain)
- Apologies – J. Davies (invited as Welfare Officer)
- Matters Arising from previous meeting – none
- Northbrook 10Km race – A virtual 10km event will be looked at. The Northbrook 10Km plans to return in July 2022.
- Treasurer’s Report – Tony Mackness circulated details of accounts before the meeting. Tim Hughes has access to the membership portal and is liaising with Tony Mackness to collect subscriptions. Approximately 195 members have paid subscriptions so far. The club is supporting ongoing CIRF/LIRF courses.
- England Athletics (EA) Coronavirus COVID-19 Advice – Current COVID rules for full lockdown, restrict training in groups. The latest information is always available on the EA website or from the leaders and coaches. Leaders and Coaches are continuously reviewing the rules. Roger Ladbury has done an excellent job with the technical preparations for booking sessions. Training places are limited until more leaders have been trained. The current leaders will only be able to organise a limited number of sessions per week, so patience is needed from members.
- Events – there has been great club interest in all the virtual events, and ‘NOT’ race series. For March, there was a ‘7 sins’ hilly challenge and a ‘hare and tortoise’ relay. Virtual training sessions will be displayed on the club website. Details of the virtual Summer Handicap will be circulated for April. Also, in April there could also be an ‘actual’ club event with small groups running 2 miles. The ‘Cotswolds Hilly 100’ may go ahead in a few months.
- Social Events – Sarah Duffy has ideas for events when we are fully out of lockdown, such a ‘welcome back’ event.
- Runners of the Month – March 2021 – Men: Graeme Brannen (great progress with running, and support to members). Women: Joanne Evans (increased mileage and ran marathon on birthday).
- Any other business:
- London Marathon Club Places – still awaiting more ionformation.
- Facebook Marketplace – now launched on separate page.
- Social Media – Tim Hughes said that Lottie Graham could assist with publicity.
- Virtual Awards – Kevin Coughlan will distribute to winners soon.
- ‘Actual’ Awards – Bob Adams will collect soon from previous winners and pass on to latest winners.
- EA Cross Country Survey – results are available to be circulated.
- Kit – Spencer said some club t-shirts have been delivered.
- Next Meeting – Tuesday 4 May 2021 at 7.30pm to be held by video conference.
Minutes prepared by Mark Baker