NORTHBROOK ATHLETIC CLUB COMMITTEE MEETING
held on 14 January 2019
R. Adams (Chairman)
M. Baker (Secretary)
A. Mackness (Treasurer)
R. Cawley (Membership Secretary)
S. Davies (Men’s Captain)
C. Fenn (Women’s Captain)
R. Ladbury (Guest)
- Apologies – None
- Matters Arising – none
- Treasurer’s Report – Tony Mackness discussed pre-details of the AGM accounts before the meeting. Subscription amounts were discussed, including a possible one off £2 subsidy. Terry Moynihan has audited the accounts.
- Social Secretary Report – The next Awards Night will be on 16th February 2019 at the Windmill Farm hotel. It will be combined with a 40th Anniversary celebration. The venue and the band are booked. Smart Dress is encouraged, with a club colours theme. Sub-committee is finalising details (Bob Adams, Claudie Combelas, Tony Mackness, Catherine Shepherd).
- Men’s/Women’s Captains’ Report – The cross-country season continued with good turnouts at the Warwickshire Championships at Newbold Revell. Midland Women’s League and Men’s Birmingham League continued on a challenging course at Droitwich. The women were 12th (7th Masters) in Division 2. The men were 8th, but are 6th overall. Next race is the Midland Cross-Country championships at Leamington.
- 10Km race – Next year’s race is on 14th July 2019. The start time is at 9.40am. Mark Baker sent race publicity to Dave Long to publicise alongside Coventry Half Marathon. Steve Turvey is attending a traffic management course before the race.
- Kit – Damian Pharaoh distributing bobble hats now.
- Runners of the Month – December 2018 winners – Men: Craig Slyde (PBs and good results at Centurion 5 miles, Ilmington 10Km and 7 Sins race), Women: Katherine Plunkett – (10 miles PB at Sneyd, good cross-country and Ilmington 10Km).
- Any other business:
- Parkrun Cup – Richard Cawley said that the final has been completed.
- Christmas Cracker – Thanks to Tony Mackness for organising event from Tile Hill station. £150 was raised for charity.
- Coventry Half-Marathon 2019 – Dave Long has asked for our assistance with supporters.
- AGM – Booked at Jaguar for Wednesday 23rd January 2019 at 8.30pm. Two proposals raised. Proposal details will be publicised. Roger Ladbury advertised details including nomination requests for roles.
- Voting – Clubperson of the Year and Most Improved runner voting needed. A shortlist was drafted with some statistics from Kevin Coughlan for improved runner. Voting forms will be available soon.
- Sunday Runs – Richard Cawley is organising 9am training runs for Coventry Half Marathon.
- Handicap Scoring – there should be 50 points for men’s and women’s race winners, 49 for second place, etc.
- Training – Spencer Davies said new 5Km improvement plan starts from 21st January 2019
- Next Meeting – Wednesday 23 January 2019 at 8.30pm at Jaguar Sports & Social Club.
Minutes prepared by Mark Baker