NORTHBROOK ATHLETIC CLUB COMMITTEE MEETING
held on 9 January 2017
A. French President)
R. Adams (Chairman)
M. Baker (Secretary)
A. Mackness (Treasurer)
M. Dalton (Membership Secretary)
C. O’Connor (Social Secretary)
S. Davies (Men’s Captain)
C. Rowntree (Women’s Captain)
R. Ladbury (Guest)
- Apologies – none
- Treasurer’s Report – Tony Mackness circulated details of the accounts. We have 166 registered members.
- Social Secretary Report – There was a pre-Christmas meal and drink on Friday 16th December in Earlsdon. There was also a fun pre-Christmas club night run on Wednesday 21st December. The Presentation Night is booked at the Village Hotel near Hearsall Common for Saturday 28th January 2017. Tickets are £20, and smart dress is encouraged. There is live music.
- Mens/Ladies Captain’s Report – The Birmingham XC League and Midlands Ladies League continued on another very challenging course at Stratford in December. The men were 12th on the day, and are 11th overall in Division 2. The ladies are 9th overall and 3rd masters team in the Division 2 results. The men and ladies are at different venues on 14th January (Lilleshall and Wolverhampton). The Warks XC was well attended at Leamington on 7th January. Forthcoming events include the Midland XC, National XC and Midlands Road Relays.
- 10Km race – Next year’s race is on Sunday 9th July 2017. Race start will be in Browns Lane. A sub-group of the club are still continuing discussions with Jaguar about our membership role and access to facilities and the 10Km race. We now have access to the function room.
- Club Kit – Damian Pharoah has club vests, t-shirts and skorts.
- Runner of the Month – December 2016 winners – Paul Robbins – 3 PBs and excellent XC runs, Anita Howe – ran very well in XC events.
- Any other business –
- Christmas Cracker – Thanks to Tony Mackness for organising another successful event, raising funds over £100 for Muscular Dystrophy
- Park Run Cup – Oliver Jones has organised this challenge within the Park Runs. It is underway and generating exciting discussions on Facebook updates
- Coundon Park – We are co-hosting the mens league fixture on 11th February 2017, and need runners and helpers on the day
- AGM – Bob Adams has booked a room at Jaguar for 25th January 2017. A notice has been sent to members asking for proposals and nominations
- Club Voted Awards – The committee agreed a shortlist, although members can vote for anyone. Thanks to Roger Ladbury for sending out automated voting forms
- Club Trophies – need to be returned to Bob Adams before the Awards night
Next Meeting – Wednesday 25th January 2016 at 8.30pm at Jaguar Sports & Social Club.
Minutes prepared by Mark Baker