held by video conference on 7 December 2021


A. French (President)
R. Adams (Chairman)
A. Mackness (Treasurer)
T. Hughes (Membership Secretary)
S. Davies (Men’s Captain)
S. Duffy (Social Secretary)
S. Eason (Women’s Captain)
R. Cox (Coaching Co-ordintaor)

In attendance:

R. Ladbury (guest)

  1. Apologies – M. Baker (Secretary)
  2. Social Events
    • Christmas meal at Hare and Hounds was last Saturday – good feedback received, booking form worked well
    • Sarah has booked the Jag Club for Awards night on 5th March 2022 – to be discussed further in January.
  3. Matters Arising from previous meeting
    • Tony French working with Roger shared rule change proposals (and reasons) for presentation to the A.G.M. for ratification. Minor re-wording coach/leader. To be published to the membership prior to the AGM.
    • New kit has been ordered by Damian Pharoah but won’t arrive until the new year.
  4. Treasurer’s Report
    • Details were circulated by Tony prior to the meeting
    • Issue regarding over-charge for Christmas meal is being addressed by Sarah with the Hare and Hounds. System for collecting money worked well
    • Should make a small surplus on the latest kit order
    • Expect to increase 2022 membership by £1 in line with the increase in EA fees.
  5. COVID Update – No change since the last EA update on 15th July.
  6. Coaching Co-ordinator Report
    • The 7pm start seems to be working better than 6.30 for most members, Rob advised that he had a few people say that they preferred the earlier start, but all accepted that 7pm is a reasonable compromise
    • We have had Wednesday sessions for all levels for the last month, Monday evenings continue to be popular
    • Mark Parker has completed his LiRF training and will be leading his first (Level 2) session this Wednesday
    • Rob Cox has completed his CiRF qualification (email received today), the license should be dispatched in the next month
    • Facebook posts by leaders are working to a reasonable degree although the sheet used by Roger to populate the website is not being so well used – Rob to ask Roger to make the info on the website more generic
    • No update to new leaders, when asked the EA CiRF assessor advised that there has been a high drop out of online LiRF attendees i.e., candidates fail to submit their videos for final assessment, it is understood that EA will revisit in person LiRF courses in 2022. Online courses are currently scheduled to the end of January 2022.
  7. Running Events
    • Lots of people out ‘hunting points’ at the moment
    • First two league cross country events have completed, good turn out for both men and women’s teams although not many level 1 runners are doing cross country
    • 3rd League race for men and women is on 15th January at Droitwich
    • 4th League race 19th February, Women – Bromsgrove, Men – Walsall Arboretum
    • Entries now being sought for the Warwickshire Championships on 8th January 2022 at Newbold Revell near Stretton Under Fosse
    • National Championships are on 26th February at Parliament Hill.
  8. AGM
    • Scheduled for Thursday 13th January 2022 at 19:30
    • All attending committee members prepared to stand again but happy to stand aside if other members are interested in taking over a position but will probably need a new Welfare Officer. Bob to send out a communication to the membership
    • Need to communicate with membership that proposals need to be submitted 2 weeks prior to this
    • Roger to send out email to membership asking for new proposals 2 weeks prior to the AGM.
  9. Runners of the Month – November 2021
    • Men – Francis Mason
    • Women: Joanne Evans
    • Questionnaire – vast majority see RoM as being worthwhile, largest proportion in favour of the annual draw option. Suggest using this as the basis of an AGM proposal.
  10. Any other business:
    1. The club has paid for a CiRF course for a member who has indicated that they are likely
    2. Investigate race league bonus points for running cross country
    3. •Need clarity on which runs qualify for the race league / miles chart – Spencer to discuss with Kevin.
  11. Next Meeting – Tuesday 4 January 2022 at 7.30pm to be held by video conference.

Minutes prepared by Rob Cox