NORTHBROOK ATHLETIC CLUB COMMITTEE MEETINGS
held by video conference on 2 November 2021
A. French (President)
R. Adams (Chairman)
M. Baker (Secretary)
A. Mackness (Treasurer)
S. Duffy (Social Secretary)
S. Eason (Women’s Captain)
R. Cox (guest)
- Apologies – S. Davies (Men’s Captain), T. Hughes (Membership Secretary)
- Matters Arising from previous meeting – Coach and Co-ordinator – Previously, the committee agreed there should be a post for Rob Cox on the committee. The committee voted by a majority (6 for, zero against) for Rob Cox to fill the committee post of Coach and Co-ordinator. Tony French will check club rules for ensuring this role can become a committee post. This may mean a proposal is needed at the next AGM, for a vote to take place.
- Treasurer’s Report – Tony Mackness circulated details of accounts before the meeting. Approximately 227 members have paid subscriptions so far. The club is supporting ongoing CIRF/LIRF courses. Unfortunately, the EA grant application was not successful, as we had previously received a grant.
- England Athletics (EA) Coronavirus COVID-19 Advice – Current COVID rules are available, but they have been eased. The latest information is always available on the EA website or from the leaders and coaches. Leaders and Coaches are continuously reviewing the rules. The club COVID officer is also available for advice.
- Return to Training Pattern – Thanks to Rob Cox for attending. Training at Jaguar is continuing on Wednesdays. Members need to observe Jaguar rules and pay Jaguar membership fees. Members congregate outside, and not in the lobby area. The booking system for structured training sessions has now ended, but members are encouraged to let leaders know if they are attending sessions. Also, Wednesday training sessions will start at 7pm instead of 6.30pm from 10th November.
- Leaders and Coaches – As mentioned previously, the club is committed to increasing the numbers of leaders and coaches by funding CIRF/LIRF courses. An update on the people completing courses will be ongoing.
- Events – Spencer Davies and all the leaders are also doing a great job. Also, Kevin Coughlan and Roger Ladbury have been providing lots of running statistics and points tables. It was confirmed that there is no junior category in the club road race championships. Lots of races have been popular recently, especially the Coventry half marathon. Cross Country league event dates and venues have been confirmed. Chip timing will be used. Members must be first claim to run. Spencer suggested that ‘no-show’ runners should be encouraged to pay for places if they ask to run, then do not run without a good reason. The first league race near Crewe, will feature all divisions of men and women. The Midland XC relays and Warwick University XC relays are also being organised soon. Spencer has also organised a paired 5km event with a mix of runners from Northbrook and other clubs.
- Social Events – Sarah Duffy said the Christmass meal is on 4th December at Keresley. Payments are now being taken on a first come first served basis. Sarah has booked 5th March 2022 at Jaguar for the Awards Night.
- Runners of the Month – October 2021 – Men: Adrian Powell (Manchester Marathon, Coventry half and helping training groups), Women: Megan Miller (first woman at parkrun and big PB at Coventry half marathon).
- Any other business:
- Runner of the Month vouchers – lots of the winners’ £5 vouchers are not being used. Therefore, we will create a poll for members with options about alternatives
- Coventry Half Marathon – Dave Long asked if members could support runners in the middle part of the route. 13 people attended in pouring rain, and will gain free places to the next event.
- Membership Fees – It was agreed that a reduced fee of £35 including vest is available to new members for the rest of the club year (a few months).
- AGM – Bob Adams will make arrangements for a virtual AGM meeting in January
- Kit – Damian Pharoah has sent in an order for hoodies and t-shirts
- Rainbow Lockup – part of the door needs to be repaired
- Club of the Year – our nomination has been submitted
- Next Meeting – Tuesday 7 December 2021 at 7.30pm to be held by video conference.
Minutes prepared by Mark Baker