NORTHBROOK ATHLETIC CLUB COMMITTEE MEETINGS
held by video conference on 2 February 2021
A. French (President)
R. Adams (Chairman)
M. Baker (Secretary)
A. Mackness (Treasurer)
T. Hughes (Membership Secretary)
S. Duffy (Social Secretary)
S. Davies (Men’s Captain)
S. Eason (Women’s Captain)
- Apologies – J. Davies (invited as Welfare Officer)
- Matters Arising from previous meeting – the new committee agreed an earlier start at 7.30pm. Bob Adams welcomed new committee members. Bob will invite Sara Phipps to the next committee meeting.
- Treasurer’s Report – Tony Mackness circulated details of accounts before the meeting. Tim Hughes has access to the membership portal and will liaise with Tony Mackness to collect subscriptions. Mark Baker confirmed that our application for an EA support grant was successful and we will get a boost to funds for coaching costs.
- England Athletics (EA) Coronavirus COVID-19 Advice – thanks to Sean Duffy for volunteering as COVID officer. Current COVID rules for full lockdown, restrict training in groups. The latest information is always available on the EA website or from the leaders and coaches. Leaders and Coaches are continuously reviewing the rules.
- Virtual Events – there has been great club interest in all the virtual events, and ‘NOT’ race series. Thanks to all the organisers and statisticians. The ‘RED’ January (run every day) virtual event was a great success. Kevin Coughlan is launching ‘2 for 1’ runs for February.
- Social Events – Sarah Duffy has ideas for events when we are out of lockdown. Thanks to Rob Cox for organising another virtual quiz on 11th February. We will need to think about how we do our Awards Party based on restrictions. Sarah Duffy will send out a survey to members to see if there is interest in virtual awards.
- Awards – we have results for Clubperson of the Year and Most Improved Runners. These will be announced soon.
- Northbrook 10Km race – very provisional date is Sunday 11 July 2021.
- Runners of the Month – it was agreed at the AGM that members could suggest possible winners. There was a great response. The final decision was with the committee. January 2021 – Men: Francis Mason (lot of great RED January runs). Women: Ann Hughes (great runs for 401km charity challenge).
- Any other business:
- AGM – 56 members attended the virtual AGM
- Training – Spencer Davies is sending out weekly training communications
- Weekly Speech – Bob Adams is sending current and historical information
- London Marathon Club Places – the club cannot apply until at least March 2021
- West Midlands Virtual Meeting – Mark Baker will attend on 11th February
- Kit – Spencer Davies is ordering club t-shirts for interested members.
- Facebook – there were discussions about admin access limitations, and our public/private page status. Bob Adams will discuss with Cath Fenn
- Next Meeting – Tuesday 9 March 2021 at 7.30pm to be held by video conference.
Minutes prepared by Mark Baker