NORTHBROOK ATHLETIC CLUB COMMITTEE MEETINGS
held by video conference on 5 January 2021
A. French (President)
R. Adams (Chairman)
M. Baker (Secretary)
A. Mackness (Treasurer)
R. Cawley (Membership Secretary)
S. Davies (Men’s Captain)
- Apologies – S. Duffy (Social Secretary), J. Davies (invited as Welfare Officer)
- Matters Arising from previous meeting – none
- Treasurer’s Report – Tony Mackness circulated details of accounts before the meeting. Tony discussed the subscription options to be proposed at the AGM.
- England Athletics (EA) Coronavirus COVID-19 Advice – There have again been more changes recently to COVID rules in full lockdown, which restrict training in groups. The latest information is always available on the EA website or from the leaders and coaches. Leaders and Coaches are continually reviewing the rules. Spencer Davies said that Rob Cox has been helping with some training administration and small groups.
- Virtual Events – there has been great club interest in all the virtual events, and ‘NOT’ race series. Thanks to all the organisers and statisticians. The ’12 days of Christmas’ virtual event was a great success. Thanks to Spencer Davies for the chocolate gifts to participants. There is now a ‘RED’ (run every day) virtual event for January. Kevin Coughlan is ‘crowd-funding’ to purchase awards for the ‘NOT’ race series age winners.
- Social Events – Thanks to Rob Cox for organising a virtual quiz on 17th December. We will need to think about how we do our Awards Party based on restrictions.
- AGM – the date is Wednesday 20th January 2021 – the meeting will be virtual – Bob Adams will book the use of the Midlands video conferencing which allows easy counting of votes on submitted proposals. Mark Baker and Roger Ladbury arranged for AGM notices to be emailed to members, with links to committee nominations and COVID Officer nominations, and proposal requests.
- Awards –Bob Adams has delayed collection of trophies from previous winners, due to COVID lockdown restrictions. Only the main trophies (not small shields) will be awarded to winners of each category in the actual road race championships. This will recognise people who have run, but keep costs down for engraving, etc, when we have less income. There are no Summer Handicap winners, or other awards eg Paul Kelly trophy this year. There will be votes for Clubperson of the Year and Most Improved Runner, but no shortlist will be created.
- Northbrook 10Km race – very provisional date is Sunday 11 July 2021.
- Runners of the Month – December 2020 – Men: Duncan Gordon (ran 2 trail marathons). Women: Lisa Bragg (lots of great running and helping Steve Simpson’s training).
- Any other business:
- EA Support Grant – Mark Baker has drafted an application, with help from the committee, to seek a support grant of up to £500 from EA
- London Marathon Club Places – the club cannot apply for places until at least March 2021
- Rainbow Storage – Tony French spoke to the new landlord. For now, we can still use the facility, but need to be prepared in case we need to move out our equipment
- Flynt Avenue Storage – Terry Moynihan cleared weeds for easier access
- Kit Buy & Sell – Claudie Combelas has asked if she can set up a Facebook page with support from the committee
- Cross Country – some members have been asked to complete a survey to give views on women’s running similar races or distances to men in cross country events.
- Next Meeting – Annual General Meeting on Wednesday 20 January 2021 at 8 pm to be held by video conference.
Minutes prepared by Mark Baker