NORTHBROOK ATHLETIC CLUB COMMITTEE MEETINGS
held by video conference on 14 November 2020
A. French (President)
R. Adams (Chairman)
M. Baker (Secretary)
A. Mackness (Treasurer)
R. Cawlewy (Membership Secretary)
S. Davies (Men’s Captain)
C. Fenn (Women’s Captain)
S. Duffy (Social Secretary)
- Apologies – J. Davies (invited as Welfare Officer)
- Matters Arising from previous meeting:
- Women’s cross-country medals – Cath Fenn is still trying to contact some women to collect medals
- Trophies – Bob Adams delivered some trophies to last year’s winners
- Race Championship Survey – Cath Fenn said that 48 responses were received. This will help the committee to decide on how to make awards considering the reduced number of actual races available, and virtual races done this year. Thanks to Elle Townsend for creating the survey.
- Treasurer’s Report – Tony Mackness circulated details of accounts before the meeting. We need to find out what England Athletics plans to charge us for fees next year, before we recommend a subs amount to members. Sarah Duffy discussed having a separate account for social activities, so that fundraising for these activities could be ring-fenced. The committee mentioned that the Treasurer should see all funds in and out of the club, and Tony Mackness highlighted some concerns. However, the suggestion will be considered in more detail, and discussed further soon.
- England Athletics (EA) Coronavirus COVID-19 Advice – we ere reminded that Richard Cawley has kindly volunteered to step into the COVID co-ordinator role. There have been more changes recently to Covid rules in partial lockdown, which restrict training in groups. The latest information is always available on the EA website or from the leaders and coaches. We await further advice from 2nd December.
- Virtual Events – there has been great club interest in all the virtual events, and ‘NOT’ race series. Thanks to all the organisers and statisticians. The virtual Equilibrium 5 miles knockout is well underway. Cross-country running options are being considered to see if anything is possible in the current circumstances. There will be a ’12 days of Christmas’ virtual event, with more details to be announced.
- Social Events – Sarah Duffy has kindly volunteered for Social Secretary. Sarah has lots of ideas which were circulated in a plan to the committee and leaders group. The events look great, but need to be considered against Covid rules, which regularly change. Sarah asked for contacts from other clubs to consider joint events. Rob Cox will organise a virtual quiz soon. Yvonne Boyle has an idea of running into the New Year (through midnight).
- Runner of the Month – October 2020 – Men: Richard Cawley (first ever marathon). Women: Sara Phipps (completed marathon shortly after being in hospital).
- Any other business:
- Spencer Davies said that the club has been nominated for an award of Club of the Year to be chosen virtually later in November
- London Marathon Club Places – information for 2021 will be released in December but the club cannot apply for places until at least February 2021
- Jaguar Fees – are being accepted now at the bar or leisure centre
- Cross country- The Birmingham League and the Midland Women’s League cross-country competitions and other cross-country competitions have been cancelled due to Covid
- AGM – we need to consider how AGM can be done virtually, including how voting is done. Proposals will need to be requested. A provisional date is Wednesday 27th January 2021.
- Next Meeting – Tuesday 8 December 2020.
Minutes prepared by Mark Baker