NORTHBROOK ATHLETIC CLUB COMMITTEE MEETINGS
held by video conference on 13 October 2020
A. French (President)
R. Adams (Chairman)
M. Baker (Secretary)
A. Mackness (Treasurer)
S. Davies (Men’s Captain)
C. Fenn (Women’s Captain)
- Apologies – R. Cawley (Membership Secretary)
- Matters Arising from previous meeting:
- Virtual Event Certificates – Cath Fenn said that alternative options to certificates could still be considered as agreed by the committee
- Women’s cross-country medals – Cath Fenn is still trying to contact some women to collect medals
- Treasurer’s Report – Tony Mackness discussed details of accounts which had already been sent out previously.
- England Athletics (EA) Coronavirus COVID-19 Advice – we ere reminded that Richard Cawley has kindly volunteered to step into the COVID co-ordinator role. Cath Fenn discussed how she had spent a lot of time discussing and emailing leadership/coaches information about club training during Covid. However, some information had not been seen or received, but Cath was unaware of this. It was reported that some members were asking why usual training is still suspended, as other clubs appear to be meeting again. Cath re-iterated that we are following the England Athletics Covid rules. Bob Adams will communicate more information to members.
- Virtual Events – there has been great club interest in all the virtual events, and ‘NOT’ race series. Thanks to all the organisers and statisticians. The virtual ‘Pairs’ 5Km knockout was a great success, and now a virtual 5 miles knockout is underway. A few ‘real’ races are taking place. Cross country running options are being considered to see if anything is possible in the current circumstances.
- Social Events – there is a vacancy for Social Secretary. Bob Adams will ask the membership if anyone can assist in organising some virtual events eg. Halloween, Bonfire, Christmas. Previously, virtual quizzes were successful
- Runner of the Month – September 2020 – Men: Tony Mackness (best 5Km time for 6 years in pairs event). Women: Jane Stephens (virtual Great North Run).
- Any other business:
- Buy-Sell-Give – Claudie Combelas asked about a separate club Facebook group to swap unwanted items within the club
- London Marathon Club Places – no information for 2021 yet
- Jaguar Fees – are being accepted now at the bar or leisure centre
- Cross country- The Birmingham League and the Midland Women’s League cross-country competitions and other cross-country competitions have been cancelled due to Covid
- Rules – Tony French suggested rule updates about Welfare Officer role to clarify it
- AGM – we need to consider how AGM can be done virtually. Proposals will need to be requested
- Next Meeting – Tuesday 10 November 2020.
Minutes prepared by Mark Baker