NORTHBROOK ATHLETIC CLUB COMMITTEE MEETINGS
held by video conference on 15 September 2020
R. Adams (Chairman)
M. Baker (Secretary)
A. Mackness (Treasurer)
C. Fenn (Women’s Captain)
J. Davies (Welfare Officer – guest)
- Apologies – A. French (President), S. Davies (Men’s Captain), R. Cawley (Membership Secretary)
- Welcome – Jenna Davies was welcomed for volunteering as welfare Officer.
- Matters Arising from previous meeting:
- 10Km committee – reminder of delegated authority and donation of some 10Km entry fees to charity
- Bob Adams thanked Catherine Shepherd for her help and contributions to the club
- Jack Langman – donation agreed in memory
- Treasurer’s Report – Tony Mackness discussed details of accounts which had already been sent out previously. Subscriptions should now be received by everyone. The available Coaching/LIRF funding was discussed and candidates identified.
- 4. England Athletics (EA) Coronavirus COVID-19 Advice – Richard Cawley has kindly volunteered to step into the COVID co-ordinator role. Richard has prepared risk assessments. Cath Fenn said that a ‘run together’ page is being setup as a trial for arranging training sessions with a maximum 6 people. Members will be able to book the sessions and self-assess when they book. Information is useful for track and trace. Leaders equipment is available for sessions.
- Welfare Officer – Jenna Davies asked for details of the role and Bob Adams gave a brief remit. Jenna will send an email to members to introduce herself.
- Virtual Events – there has been great club interest in all the virtual events, and ‘NOT’ race series. Thanks to all the organisers and statisticians. The virtual ‘Pairs’ 5Km knockout was a great success. Some ‘real’ races are starting such as Draycote Water 10Km.
- Runner of the Month – August 2020 – Men: Richard Arnold (running well and organised safe Coventry Way mini-runs). Women: Verity Crichton (good runs after injury).
- Any other business:
- Video conferencing – Zoom no longer used. Free options are being used for meetings such as Google Meet
- NOT series – Kevin Coughlan suggested winners could get certificates, but the general feeling was that the NOT series was a temporary fun event, so certificates were not really needed
- Masks – Damian Pharoah is distributing Northbrook masks
- Cross-country – If league races go ahead, there are likely to be 3 fixtures in Jan, Feb, Mar 2021
- Club Trophies – doorstep presentations may be possible in future
- London Marathon Club Places – no information for 2021 yet
- Jaguar Club Fees – due very soon
- Next Meeting – Tuesday 13 October 2020.
Minutes prepared by Mark Baker