NORTHBROOK ATHLETIC CLUB COMMITTEE MEETING
held on 17 February 2020
A. French (President)
R. Adams (Chairman)
M. Baker (Secretary)
A. Mackness (Treasurer)
C. Shepherd (Social Secretary)
S. Davies (Men’s Captain)
C. Fenn (Women’s Captain)
R. Ladbury (Guest)
T. Moynihan (Guest)
- Apologies – R. Cawley (Membership Secretary)
- Matters Arising – AGM proposals were reviewed
- Treasurer’s Report – Tony Mackness sent details of accounts.Tony said he will circulate details in advance of future meetings. Tony commented on his reselection at the AGM. Subs are now due, and should be paid as soon as possible.
- Social Secretary Report – Thanks to Catherine Shepherd for organising the Awards night at Standard Triumph. The night was a great success. The committee asked for costs to be given to the Treasurer, for recording in the accounts.
- Men’s/Women’s Captains’ Report – The League Cross-Country was completed with the Men in Gloucester finishing 6th, and 1st B team. The women finished the league in Aldridge, and were 5th and 3rd Masters team. The National Cross-Country is approaching soon, followed by the Midland Road Relays.
- 10Km race – Next year’s race is 12th July 2020. Terry Moynihan commented on preparations. Terry thanked Tony French, who is stepping down from the sub-committee after many years. Some new members will shadow the existing members. Entries are open. Chip timing will be introduced. There is a licence for the race. Remeasurement of the course is underway. Risk assessment is also underway. The adjudicator complimented the previous races.
- Runners of the Month – – January 2020 winners – Men: Paul Robbins (improving performances) Ladies: Amanda Adkins (great cross country runs).
- Any other business:
- London 10Km race – 12 club places available on first come first served basis.
- Coventry Half Marathon – Mark Baker sent in club and 10Km race publicity for event literature. We will get 2 free places to be drawn in a ballot.
- Paul Kelly – who passed away will be remembered by Northbrook. Amanda Deavy, his daughter, presented the Paul Kelly trophy at the Awards Night.
- New Trophies – Miles Champion Cup and Mens Improved Runner trophy needed.
- Summer Handicap – Roger needs old d barcode cards. Members who have paid subs will get a new barcode card.
- Strava – there are now details on the club Facebook page.
- Coventry University Research – Free VO2 Max assessments available.
- Yoga – Prices needed for Jaguar classes.
- Safeguarding Course – Rob Cox will be attending this course.
- AGM – there was a discussion of how to handle multiple nominations for one post. This was apparent in the recent AGM, with the case for the Treasurer post, and several views were given by committee members.
- Next Meeting – Monday 16 March 2020 at 8pm at Cath Fenn’s residence.
Minutes prepared by Mark Baker