NORTHBROOK ATHLETIC CLUB COMMITTEE MEETING
held on 16 December 2019
A. French (President)
R. Adams (Chairman)
M. Baker (Secretary)
R. Cawley (Membership Secretary)
C. Shepherd (Social Secretary)
S. Davies (Men’s Captain)
C. Fenn (Women’s Captain)
- Apologies – A. Mackness (Treasurer)
- Matters Arising – None
- Treasurer’s Report – Tony Mackness sent details of accounts.
- Social Secretary Report – Sphinx organised a multi-club Christmas party on 14th December at Standard Triumph Social Club. Thanks to Catherine Shepherd for all her help. The night was a great success. Any surplus funds will go towards Awards Night. The Awards night is tentatively planned for mid to late February 2020 at Standard Triumph.
- Men’s/Women’s Captains’ Report – The cross-country continued with men’s and women’s league events moving from Droitwich to Crewe. Results are on the website. The Leicester relays were a good event.
- 10Km race – Next year’s race is 12th July 2020. Chip timing will be introduced next year.
- Runners of the Month – November 2019 winners – Men: Matt Hathrell (excellent commitment to cross-country team) Women: Helen Morris (running cross-country well after injury).
- Any other business:
- London Marathon Club Places – the club had 2 places and 17 interested members. The winners were Richard Hands and Catherine Shepherd.
- Brighton Marathon – 6 members interested in club places.
- Gazebo/Sail Banners – Spencer Davies has used the new gazebo at Crewe cross-country.
- AGM-Quorum (15%) Proposed:Roger Ladbury, Seconded:Mark Baker. Attendance list needed at AGM on 29th January 2020 at Jaguar. Publicity for nominations and proposals needed.
- Club Road Race Champs – AGM proposals discussed at length, about what races are eligible. A proposal needs to be officially written up for members to discuss
- Safeguarding Policy – Catherine Shepherd discussed incident DBS renewals. Richard Cawley has evidence.
- Christmas Cracker Run – discussion that it is not a specific club event, and how this is approached. Bob Adams to discuss with Tony Mackness.
- Coventry Half Marathon – Mark Baker sent in club and 10Km race publicity for event literature. Bob Adams will attend a publicity photo at Cathedral.
- Social Media / Publicity – more focus is required on this area for the club.
- Parkrun – event on 18th January 2020 includes Sphinx / Masseys competition.
- Next Meeting – Monday 20 January 2020 at 8pm at Cath Fenn’s residence.
Minutes prepared by Mark Baker