NORTHBROOK ATHLETIC CLUB COMMITTEE MEETING
held on 11 November 2019
A. French (President)
R. Adams (Chairman)
M. Baker (Secretary)
A. Mackness (Treasurer)
C. Shepherd (Social Secretary)
S. Davies (Men’s Captain)
C. Fenn (Women’s Captain)
R. Ladbury (Guest)
- Apologies – R. Cawley (Membership Secretary)
- Matters Arising – None
- Treasurer’s Report – Tony Mackness circulated details of accounts. Spencer asked about refunds for Thunder Run entries. Steve Turvey attended a traffic management course.
- Social Secretary Report – A club curry was successfully organised on 2nd November at Ally’s. Sphinx are organising a multi-club Christmas party on 14th December at Standard Triumph Social Club. Club colour dress is optional. Tickets are available from Catherine Shepherd. The Awards night is tentatively planned for 29th February 2020 at Standard Triumph.
- Men’s/Women’s Captains’ Report – We jointly hosted the first men’s Division 3 Birmingham League Cross-Country fixture on 9th November with Sphinx and Nuneaton. We also hosted the women’s Midland League Division 2 race. At the last minute, the men’s division 1 race was moved to our venue. Thanks to everyone who helped to plan and manage everything, especially Tony French, Cath Fenn and Spencer Davies. Men were 5th and first ‘B’ team; women were 6th (3rd Masters). We also had a great turnout in the Warwick University Cross-Country relays on 2nd November.
- Thursday Training – the committee agreed that Thursday training sessions can resume if there are enough leaders. A vote by membership shows support for this training. Wednesday night will still be the main club night. Leader certification needs to be up to date.
- 10Km race – Next year’s race is 12th July 2020. Chip timing will be introduced next year.
- Runners of the Month – October 2019 winners – Men: Tom Mitchell (PB Marathon and half marathon) Women: Leisha Smith (many PBs).
- Any other business:
- Jaguar Fees – Due now. Forms available at Jaguar. Some people were reported to the club for not paying fees for showers on Sundays. Bob Adams has clarified payment rules and urged all members to respect and pay the fees due.
- London Marathon Club Places – the club has 2 places and 17 interested members.
- Gazebo/Sail Banners – Spencer Davies has quotes for new equipment.
- Quorum – Roger Ladbury said we should agree a definition before AGM (15%).
- AGM – a room is booked at Jaguar for 29 January 2020.
- Club Road Race Champs – definitions of races for inclusion need to be finalised. eg certified or measured courses could be raised in an AGM proposal.
- Warks Road race winners meeting held recently, and Warks AGM imminent.
- Christmas Cracker Run – Tony Mackness to organise on 22nd December.
- Safeguarding Policy – Catherine Shepherd discussed incident forms and DBS renewals.
- Next Meeting – Monday 16 December 2019 at 8pm at Cath Fenn’s residence.
Minutes prepared by Mark Baker