NORTHBROOK ATHLETIC CLUB COMMITTEE MEETING
held on 7 October 2019
A. French (President)
R. Adams (Chairman)
M. Baker (Secretary)
A. Mackness (Treasurer)
R. Cawley (Membership Secretary)
S. Davies (Men’s Captain)
C. Fenn (Women’s Captain)
- Apologies – C. Shepherd (Social Secretary)
- Matters Arising – None
- Treasurer’s Report – Tony Mackness circulated details of accounts. We have 215 members. Spencer asked about refunds for Thunder Run entries which is a large amount. We do not have a club credit card, so individual cards need to be used, and refunded by the club.
- Social Secretary Report – Sphinx are organising a multi-club Xmas party on 14th December at Standard Triumph Social Club. Tickets are available from Catherine Shepherd. A club curry is organised for 2nd November at Ally’s.
- Men’s/Women’s Captains’ Report – The Warks Road Race League concluded with the Rugby 10 miles. The Parkrun challenge against local clubs was a success, and we won the challenge, with over 60 runners. The Midland Relays at Sutton Park were also a great event. We have confirmation that Division 3 of the mens cross-country league will go ahead after a divisional secretary was agreed. We are jointly hosting the first Division 3 fixture on 9th November with Sphinx and Nuneaton. We will also host a women’s Midland League division 2 race. Also, the Midlands Cross-Country relays are on 19th October, and the Warwick University Cross-Country relays are on 2nd November.
- Summer Handicap – Thanks to all helpers. The series was very popular this year. Timing chips were collected at the finish of the last race. The question of joint places was discussed.
- 10Km race – Next year’s race is 12th July 2020. Chip timing will be introduced next year.
- Runners of the Month – September 2019 winners – Men: Chris Archer (24 hour relay, half marathons) Women: Gemma Ross (Draycote 20 miles, Kenilworth half marathon).
- Any other business:
- Jaguar Fees – Due as soon as possible. Forms available at Jaguar.
- Parkrun Cup – new competition has started.
- London Marathon Club Places – this can be requested from 28th October.
- Gazebo/Sail Banners – Spencer Davies will get quotes for new equipment.
- Quorum – Roger Ladbury said we should agree a definition before AGM.
- AGM – a room needs to be booked at Jaguar for January 2020.
- Club Road Race Champs – definitions of races for inclusion need to be finalised.
- Safeguarding policy – Catherine Shepherd is Welfare Officer. DBS discussed.
- Next Meeting – Monday 11 November 2019 at 8pm at Bob Adams’ residence.
Minutes prepared by Mark Baker