NORTHBROOK ATHLETIC CLUB COMMITTEE MEETING
held on 2 September 2019
A. French (President)
R. Adams (Chairman)
M. Baker (Secretary)
R. Cawley (Membership Secretary)
S. Davies (Men’s Captain)
C. Fenn (Women’s Captain)
- Apologies – A. Mackness (Treasurer), C. Shepherd (Social Secretary), R. Ladbury (Guest)
- Matters Arising – None
- Treasurer’s Report – Tony Mackness sent details of the accounts. We have 211 members.
- Social Secretary Report – Sphinx are organising a multi-club Christmas party on 14th December at the Standard Triumph Social Club. Tickets are available from Catherine Shepherd. A club curry may be organised soon.
- Men’s/Women’s Captains’ Report – The Warks Road Race League continued with the Stratford 6 miles and Kenilworth Half Marathon. The Midland Relays are on 21st September. We have confirmation that Division 3 of the mens Cross-Country League will go ahead after a Divisional Secretary was agreed. We are jointly hosting the first Division 3 fixture on 9th November 2019 with Sphinx and Nuneaton. We will also host a Women’s Midland League Division 2 race.
- Summer Handicap – Thanks to all helpers. The series is very popular this year. The last race is on 4th September. Timing chips will be collected at the finish.
- 10Km race – A cheque was presented to the Cyrenians from funds raised at the 10km race. Thanks to Tony French for all his work with the 10Km race. Tony has left the 10Km committee but is still on the Club committee. Sara Phipps and Damien Dear are now on the 10Km committee. The date of next year’s race is to be confirmed, but will be in July 2020.
- Runners of the Month – July 2019 winners – Men: Pete Stafford (Thunder Run and Mile Relays) Women: Catherine Shepherd (Thunder Run). August 2019 winners – Men: Chris Goodman (Badgers 10Km, Europe Corporate Games), Jeanette Chattaway (Stratford 6 miles)
- Any other business:
- Coaching – Tony French discussed further meetings of coaches for Wednesday Training plans. Richard Hodge and Adrian Powell are now coaches.
- Stopwatches – available for purchase at a reasonable price.
- Jaguar Fees – due in October. Forms available at Jaguar.
- Trophy – Awaiting award for ‘most improved team’ in the Midland Cross-Country Champs.
- eParkrun – runoffs planned against Sphinx and Masseys and Coventry Triathlon.
- Parkrun Cup – new competition is starting soon.
- Training – Spencer Davies said new 5Km to 10km improvement training has ended.
- London Marathon Club Places – this can be requested in October/November.
- Next Meeting – Monday 7 October 2019 at 8pm at Spencer Davies’s residence.
Minutes prepared by Mark Baker