NORTHBROOK ATHLETIC CLUB COMMITTEE MEETING
held on 10 June 2019
A. French (President)
R. Adams (Chairman)
A. Mackness (Treasurer)
M. Baker (Secretary)
R. Cawley (Membership Secretary)
S. Davies (Men’s Captain)
C. Fenn (Women’s Captain)
R. Ladbury (Guest)
- Apologies – C. Shepherd (Social Secretary)
- Matters Arising – None
- Treasurer’s Report – Tony Mackness provided details of the accounts.
- Social Secretary Report – A post marathon meal on 1st June in Earlsdon was well attended. There was also a picnic at the Memorial Park after the Coventry parkrun on 25th May. The parkrun included a competition with Sphinx. A further picnic may be arranged soon. No further news on a possible multi-club Christmas party being arranged by Sphinx.
- Men’s/Women’s Captains’ Report – The Warks Road Race League continued with the Ryton 5 miles and Two Castles 10Km races. The Sphinx 5 miles race is next. Eleven teams attended the beer relays. The Thunder Run relay is very soon.
- Summer Handicap – Barcodes were used for the second time in the third race of the series, alongside the traditional finishing discs. 98 runners competed. Thanks to Roger Ladbury and Tony Mackness for introducing the barcodes, and Richard French for checking the results, as well as all the helpers on the night.
- 10Km race – The race is on 14th July 2019 at 9.40am. Race entries are being received. Parkrun advertising of the race is continuing. Terry Moynihan has names of helpers. There will be a leaflet drop on 26th June to local residents. Cath Fenn will create some maps for the marshals, so that they can give the public information about alternative routes during the race.
- Runners of the Month – May 2019 winners – Men: Peter Kirkhope (good results in Kingsbury 10Km and beer relays), Women: Liz Pharoah (new club record in Grand Union Canal 145 mile race from Birmingham to London).
- Any other business:
- Birmingham XC League – we are jointly hosting the first fixture on 9th November 2019 with Sphinx and Nuneaton. We will host a ladies Midland League division 2 race. Men’s race will only go ahead if a Division 3 League Secretary is appointed.
- Training – Spencer Davies said new 5Km to 10km improvement training is popular.
- Road Race League – Catherine Shepherd previously asked for clearer rules for the competition. Current rules have been reviewed and will apply this year. Any changes will need to be raised as a proposal at the AGM.
- Parkrun special events – prizes could be extended in Sphinx or Masseys future parkruns.
- Equipment – Dave Long asked to borrow some club equipment for an event.
- Committee Mailing List – Roger Ladbury is amending the list details
- Kit – Damian Pharoah is selling Ron Hill club vests, but has new club vests from Scimitar
- Club Photo – at Jaguar club before training on Wednesday 10 July.
- Good, Bad & Ugly relay – Wednesday 19 June.
- Club Race the Train – Wednesday 17 July.
- Lockup – Tony French in discussions about our existing lockup.
- Next Meeting – Monday 22 July 2019 at 8pm at Bob Adams’ residence.
Minutes prepared by Mark Baker