NORTHBROOK ATHLETIC CLUB COMMITTEE MEETING
held on 15 April 2019
R. Adams (Chairman)
M. Baker (Secretary)
R. Cawley (Membership Secretary)
S. Davies (Men’s Captain)
C. Fenn (Women’s Captain)
C. Shepherd (Social Secretary)
- Apologies – A. Mackness (Treasurer)
- Matters Arising – Tom Miller has resigned from the committee role of joint Social Secretary. We thank Tom for his help since the AGM. Catherine Shepherd is the Social Secretary now.
- Treasurer’s Report – Tony Mackness sent details of the accounts. 182 members have paid subscriptions.
- Social Secretary Report – There were drinks after the Coventry half marathon, and a post half curry. A post marathon meal, and Summer picnic at the Memorial Park can be arranged.
- Men’s/Women’s Captains’ Report -The cross-country season concluded with a good turnout at the National Cross-Country Championships at Leeds. The Sutton Park relays were on 23 March, followed by the Coventry half-marathon the next day. Stuart Lumsden won the Sutton Park half-marathon. The Warks Road Race League begins soon with the Massey Easter 10Km. The Cotswolds Hilly 100 relay is on 12 May, and 6 teams are being entered.
- Summer Handicap – The first race had 107 finishers. Extra finishing discs were made. Barcodes were handed out to be used in the next race, alongside the discs. Tony Mackness asked for a taped off finishing funnel to keep finishers in order next time. Roger Ladbury asked if runners could pay membership by the previous Monday evening before the race, to qualify for points. This would avoid people waiting to the last minute to pay, when there is a lot to organise on the night. The committee saw the benefit of the rule, but suggested that this is raised as an AGM proposal for next season.
- 10Km race – This year’s race is on 14 July 2019. The start time is at 9.40am. Race entries are being received. Parkrun advertising of the race is continuing. Terry Moynihan is collecting names of helpers. There will be a leaflet drop on 26th June to residents near the course.
- Runners of the Month – March 2019 winners – Men: Tommy Dempsey (PB in Coventry Half Marathon and other races), Women: Claudie Combelas (won age prize in Cleevewold 14 mile).
- Any other business:
- Coventry Half-Marathon 2019 – Dave Long thanked us for our supporter zone help.
- Birmingham Cross-Country League – we are jointly hosting the first fixture on 9th November 2019 with Sphinx and Nuneaton. We hope to host a women’s race as well.
- Training – Spencer Davies said new 5Km improvement plan continues.
- Parkrun special events – All clubs parkrun at Leamington on 11 May. Sphinx run-off at Coventry parkrun on 25 May – we need more people than Sphinx.
- Club Photo – at Jaguar club before training on Wednesday 10 July.
- Good, Bad & Ugly relay – Wednesday 19 June.
- Club Race the Train – Wednesday 17 July.
- Lockup – the sale of the Rainbow lockup is proceeding. The committee agreed to share rent on the Flynt Avenue lockup (pending Treasurer’s agreement).
- Next Meeting – Monday 13 May 2019 at 8pm at Cath Fenn’s residence.
Minutes prepared by Mark Baker