NORTHBROOK ATHLETIC CLUB COMMITTEE MEETING
held on 18 March 2019
R. Adams (Chairman)
M. Baker (Secretary)
A. Mackness (Treasurer)
R. Cawley (Membership Secretary)
S. Davies (Men’s Captain)
C. Fenn (Women’s Captain)
C. Shepherd (joint Social Secretary)
T. Miller (joint Social Secretary)
R. Ladbury (Guest)
- Apologies – None
- Matters Arising – 128 members have renewed so far.
- Treasurer’s Report – Tony Mackness discussed the accounts.
- Social Secretary Report – The curry night at Akbars was well attended. There will be drinks after the Coventry half-marathon, and a post half-marathon meal soon. A possible social event at the Memorial Park could be arranged.
- Men’s/Women’s Captains’ Report -The cross-country season concluded with a good turnout at the National Cross-Country Championships at Leeds. The Sutton Park relays are on 23rd March, followed by the Coventry half-marathon. The Warks Road Race League begins soon. The Cotswolds Hilly 100 relay is in May.
- Summer Handicap – Extra finishing discs are being made. There are a lot of finishers now, and we are looking at the best methods to scan finishers, which can be trialled in May if agreed with Richard French. Barcodes will be distributed before first race in April.
- 10Km race – Next year’s race is on 14th July 2019. The start time is at 9.40am. Race entries are being received. Course needs to be re-measured next year (required every 10 years). The committee agreed to purchase barcodes and labels to trial in the Summer Handicap, which could be used in the 10km race, alongside usual time recording at finish.
- Runners of the Month – February 2019 winners – Men: Damien Dear (2nd in head torch race), Women: Natasha White (Winner of Ilmington 10km series).
- Any other business:
- Coventry Half-Marathon 2019 – Dave Long has asked for our assistance with supporters.
- Funding – Coventry Sports Development Officer has funds available for City of Sport.
- Birmingham XC League – we can joint bid for a race next season at League AGM on 22nd March.
- Leaders – The club is funding up to 6 courses now.
- Training – Spencer Davies said new 5Km improvement plan continues.
- Kit – further orders are being arranged soon.
- Next Meeting – Monday 15 April 2019 at 8pm at Ricahrd Cawley’s residence.
Minutes prepared by Mark Baker