NORTHBROOK ATHLETIC CLUB COMMITTEE MEETING
held on 18 February 2019
R. Adams (Chairman)
M. Baker (Secretary)
A. Mackness (Treasurer)
R. Cawley (Membership Secretary)
S. Davies (Men’s Captain)
C. Shepherd (joint Social Secretary)
T. Miller (joint Social Secretary)
R. Ladbury (Guest)
- Apologies – C. Fenn (Women’s Captain)
- Welcome – Bob welcomed the new committee elected at the AGM, especially joint Social Secretaries Catherine Shepherd and Tom Miller
- Matters Arising – none
- Treasurer’s Report – Tony Mackness discussed the accounts.
- Social Secretary Report – The Awards Night and 40th Anniversary on 16th February 2019 at the Windmill Farm hotel was an excellent night. Thanks to the sub-committee for all their work. The new Social Secretaries will review what went well and other ideas for next year. The next event will be a curry night.
- Men’s/Women’s Captains’ Report -The cross-country season continued with good turnouts at the Midlands Championships at Leamington. Midland Women’s League and Men’s Birmingham League ended on a challenging course at Gloucester. The women finished 12th (7th Masters) in Division 2. The men were 6th overall in Division 3. Next race is the National Cross-Country championships at Leeds. Natasha White won the overall Ilmington 10Km series. The Sutton Park relays are on 23rd March.
- Summer Handicap – Extra finishing discs are being made. There are a lot of finishers now, and we are looking at the best methods to scan finishers, which can be trialled in May if agreed with Richard French.
- 10Km race – Next year’s race is on 14th July 2019. The start time is at 9.40am. Mark Baker sent race publicity to Dave Long to publicise alongside Coventry Half Marathon. Race entries are being received.
- Runners of the Month – January 2019 winners – Men: Andy McConville (3 good results in XC races), Women: Eleanor Townsend (3 good results in XC races).
- Any other business:
- Coventry Half-Marathon 2019 – Dave Long has asked for our assistance with supporters.
- Birmingham Cross-Country League – we can joint bid for a race next season at AGM on 22nd March.
- Sunday Runs – Richard Cawley is organising training runs for Coventry Half Marathon.
- Leaders – Richard Cawley has approached potential leaders. The club can fund 6 courses.
- Training – Spencer Davies said new 5Km improvement plan started from 21st January.
- Lockup – the door of the equipment storage has been repaired.
- Warks Road Race League – Tony French said that that the chair will be changing.
- Next Meeting – Monday 18 March 2019 at 8pm at Bob Adams’ residence.
Minutes prepared by Mark Baker