NORTHBROOK ATHLETIC CLUB COMMITTEE MEETING
held on 17 December 2018
R. Adams (Chairman)
M. Baker (Secretary)
A. Mackness (Treasurer)
R. Cawley (Membership Secretary)
S. Davies (Men’s Captain)
C. Fenn (Women’s Captain)
R. Ladbury (Guest)
- Apologies – None
- Matters Arising – none
- Treasurer’s Report – Tony Mackness gave details of the accounts.
- Social Secretary Report – As previously reported, Richard Cawley will not be able to continue in the Social Secretary role, while handling membership, coaching, etc. Richard was thanked for organising a Christmas meal in Earlsdon on Friday 14th December. The next Awards Night will be on 16th February 2019 at the Windmill Farm hotel. It will be combined with a 40th Anniversary celebration. The venue and the band are booked. A small sub-committee is finalising the event details (Bob Adams, Claudie Combelas, Tony Mackness, Catherine Shepherd).
- Men’s/Women’s Captains’ Report – The cross-country season continued with good turnouts at the Midland Women’s League (Stratford), and Men’s Birmingham League (Gloucester). The women were 11th (7th Masters) in Division 2. The men were 6th in division 3. The Warwickshire cross-country at Newbold Revell is the next event. The club’s Road Race League is being keenly contested to the end of the year.
- 10Km race – Next year’s race is on 14th July 2019. The start time will be earlier at 9.40am. Terry Moynihan has done a lot of work with race documentation and licences.
- Kit – Damian Pharaoh will distribute bobble hats soon.
- Runners of the Month – November 2018 winners – Men: Damian Pharoah (5 miles PB, organised anniversary kit), Women: Sarah McNaney – (10 miles PB, supporting club runners).
- Any other business:
- Parkrun Cup – Richard Cawley said that the competition is at the semi-final stage
- Christmas Run – All groups will merge for a Christmas training run on Wednesday 19th December
- Christmas Cracker – Tony Mackness will organise on 23rd December at Tile Hill Station
- Coventry Half-Marathon 2019 – Dave Long has asked for our assistance with supporters
- AGM – Booked at Jaguar for Wednesday 23rd January 2019 at 8.30pm. Proposals needed. Roger Ladbury will advertise details including nomination requests for roles
- Voting – Clubperson of the Year and Most Improved runner voting needed
- Training – Spencer Davies mentioned new 5Km improvement plan from 21st January 2019
- Next Meeting – Monday 14 January 2019 at Bob Adams’ residence.
Minutes prepared by Mark Baker