NORTHBROOK ATHLETIC CLUB COMMITTEE MEETING
held on 26 November 2018
A. French (President)
R. Adams (Chairman)
M. Baker (Secretary)
A. Mackness (Treasurer)
R. Cawley (Membership Secretary)
S. Davies (Men’s Captain)
C. Fenn (Women’s Captain)
R. Ladbury (Guest)
- Apologies – None
- Matters Arising – none
- Treasurer’s Report – Tony Mackness had circulated details of the accounts prior to the meeting. Tony discussed a subsidy proposal for the club’s 40th Anniversary.
- Social Secretary Report – Richard Cawley said that he will not be able to continue in the Social Secretary role, while handling membership, coaching, etc. The committee thanked Richard for his contribution this year. Richard said that a Christmas meal in Earlsdon is on Friday 14th December. The next Awards Night will be on 16th February 2019 at the Windmill Farm hotel. It will be combined with a 40th Anniversary celebration. Richard said that the venue and the band are booked. Roger Ladbury will advertise some roles to help organise the theme and logistics of the event.
- Men’s/Women’s Captains’ Report – The cross-country season started with good turnouts at the Midland relays and Warwick University Relays. The men and women started the league cross-country seasons at Coundon Hall Park with great turnouts from the runners and supporters. The men were 5th in division 3. The women were 10th (7th Masters) in division 2. There were also lots of good runs in the Warks Road Race League and relays. Wednesday training groups are getting bigger and need to be monitored.
- Cross-Country Co-hosted Event – We co-hosted the opening Birmingham cross-country and Midland Women’s cross-country races at Coundon Hall Park on 10th November. Masseys and Sphinx were also co-hosts. Many thanks to everyone who helped, especially Tony French and Cath Fenn. There was good feedback; the women’s race was the biggest event ever. The referee removed part of the course through the copse for safety.
- 10Km race – Tony French said that next year’s race is on 14th July 2019. The start time could be earlier at 9.40am. Anyone who knows potential sponsors should contact the 10Km committee.
- Kit – Damian Pharaoh has distributed the retro shirts to members. Hats are due soon.
- Runners of the Month – October 2018 winners – Men: Martin McHugh (good debut marathon), Women: Sarah Duffy – (two 10Km PBs).
- Any other business:
- Parkrun Cup – Richard Cawley said that the competition is progressing
- Christmas Cracker – Tony Mackness will organise on 23rd December at Tile Hill Station
- Lockup sale (Club Equipment storage) – being monitored, door repair needed
- London Marathon Club Places – winners are Ian Paterson and Kevin Coughlan
- Coventry Half-Marathon 2019 – Dave Long has asked for our assistance with supporters
- Coventry Sport Cultural Events – Cath Fenn attended a meeting at the Ricoh Arena
- Landmark – Mark Baker was added to the Birmingham League XC list with 108 races run
- AGM – Booked at Jaguar for Wednesday 23rd January 2019 at 8.30pm
- Voting – Clubperson of the Year and Most Improved runner voting needed
- Membership Renewal – new ticked forms needed for GDPR compliance
- Training – Some coaches are injured at the moment. New 5Km improvement plan in 2019
- Next Meeting – Monday 17 December 2018 at Cath Fenn’s residence.
Minutes prepared by Mark Baker