NORTHBROOK ATHLETIC CLUB COMMITTEE MEETING
held on 23 July 2018
A. French (President)
R. Adams (Chairman)
M. Baker (Secretary)
A. Mackness (Treasurer)
R. Cawley (Membership Secretary and Social Secretary)
S. Davies (Men’s Captain)
C. Fenn (Women’s Captain)
R. Ladbury (Guest)
- Apologies – None
- Matters Arising – none
- Treasurer’s Report – Tony Mackness showed details of the accounts.
- Social Secretary Report – A ’40th Anniversary of Northbrook’ social event to be combined with the 2019 Awards Night. Northbrook won the Sphinx quiz.
- Men’s/Women’s Captains’ Report – There was an excellent turnout for the Good Bad Ugly relay race. 60 runners participated in the Race the Train event. There were good turnouts in various races, including the Sphinx Relays, despite the hot weather.
- The condition of the lock-up equipment store at The Rainbow pub and possible alternative options were discussed.
- 10Km race – race was well organised – thanks to everyone. Number of entries a bit lower than in previous year. Committee agreed that a total of £2000 be donated to chosen charities.
- Runner of the Month – June 2018 winners – Men: Richard Hands – 5 good races in a month, Ladies: Natasha White – many good race results.
- Any other business:
- Terry Moynihan has attended a Race Director course
- Couch to 10Km training – popular and continuing each week on Thursdays
- 40th Anniversary Run: Ruby Relay – Mark Baker is organising the event for Wednesday 15th August.
- Cross-Country – Northbrook is co-hosting the first Birmingham League and Midland Women’s League races on 10th November in conjunction with Massey Ferguson RC.
- Next Meeting – Monday 20 August 2018 at 8pm at Bob Adams’ residence.
Minutes prepared by Mark Baker