NORTHBROOK ATHLETIC CLUB COMMITTEE MEETING
held on 25 June 2018
A. French (President)
R. Adams (Chairman)
M. Baker (Secretary)
A. Mackness (Treasurer)
R. Cawley (Membership Secretary and Social Secretary)
S. Davies (Men’s Captain)
C. Fenn (Women’s Captain)
R. Ladbury (Guest)
- Apologies – None
- Matters Arising – none
- Treasurer’s Report – Tony Mackness showed details of the accounts.
- Social Secretary Report – A ’40th Anniversary of Northbrook’ is likely to be organised with the 2019 Awards Night. Sphinx have invited us to a quiz on 29th June at Copsewood.
- Men’s/Women’s Captains’ Report – There were lots of good road race runs including the Warks road race league and Spring Marathons. We won mixed team in the Cotswold Hilly 100. Ladies won prize in the Beer relay race. 80 runners ran the Sphinx 5 mile race (Amanda Deavy 2nd lady). Soon we will run the Sphinx mile relays, and the Thunder Run.
- 10Km race – Race is on Sunday 8th July 2018. Many entries have been received. The main charity is Cyrenians. Press releases are appearing in local magazines. We need marshals and helpers. Cakes and sandwiches are needed on the day. Leaflets need to be distributed to local residents. Dave Long contacted us about free race publicity on a Coventry website.
- Runner of the Month – May 2018 winners – Men: Andy Scruton (2 PBs for 10Km and half marathon), Ladies: Kirstie Murray (23 minutes off PB for 10Km).
- Any other business:
- Summer Handicap – A record 94 ran in the third race. Thanks to Richard French and volunteers
- Couch to 10Km training – popular and continuing each week
- Good, Bad, Ugly relay – Wednesday 27th June
- Race the Train – Wednesday 11th July
- 40th Anniversary Run: Ruby Relay – Mark Baker will organise for Wednesday 15th August.
- Warks Road Race League – The BRAT 5Km has been cancelled. The Balsall Common 10K could be added to the league in 2019.
- Next Meeting – Monday 23 July 2018 at 8pm at Cath Fenns’s residence.
Minutes prepared by Mark Baker