NORTHBROOK ATHLETIC CLUB COMMITTEE MEETING
held on 23 April 2018
A. French (President)
R. Adams (Chairman)
M. Baker (Secretary)
A. Mackness (Treasurer)
R. Cawley (Membership Secretary and Social Secretary)
S. Davies (Men’s Captain)
C. Fenn (Women’s Captain)
R. Ladbury (Guest)
- Apologies – None
- Matters Arising – GDPR – Roger Ladbury said that we have a management policy in place. Roger Ladbury kindly volunteered to be our Data Protection Officer
- Treasurer’s Report – Tony Mackness showed details of the accounts.
- Social Secretary Report – A post marathon meal is on 27th April at Cyrus restaurant in Earlsdon. A 40th Anniversary of Northbrook could be organised in 2018. Sphinx are now trying to organise a Christmas meal in 2019 for all local clubs.
- Men’s/Women’s Captains’ Report – The men and women ran in the Midland 12 stage relays in Sutton Park. There were lots of good road race runs including the Warks Road Race League. Seb Jones-Brain won the Coventry Way, and Jo Brown set a women’s club record. The Thursday 10Km build up group starts on 3rd May. The men host the first Birmingham League XC race on 10th November, with Masseys’ help. Women will also compete at this event for the Midland League.
- 10Km race – Next race is on Sunday 8th July 2018. Entries are open and are being received. The main charity is Cyrenians. Press releases are needed for publicity soon. We need marshals and helpers. Leaflets need to be distributed to local residents.
- Runner of the Month – March 2018 winners – Men: Spencer Davies (Fradley 10Km and supported lots of races), Women: Claudie Combelas (supported lots of races).
- Any other business:
- Summer Handicap – 83 ran on Wednesday 4th .Thanks to Richard French and volunteers.
- Birmingham League XC – Roger Ladbury can help with Birmingham League results.
- Juniors – we do not accept juniors at the club as relevant criteria are not in place.
- Coaches – more members should be encouraged on to courses
- Parkrun Cup – Mark Parker won the Parkrun Cup.
- Cotswold Hilly 100 relay – date is Sunday 27th May 2018. We have 4 teams.
- Bedworth Park Run – this is a new event – we will organise a club day there on 28 April.
- Cov Tri Club – asked if we want to publicise club at their Sprint Tri on 20th May.
- Good, Bad, Ugly relay – Wednesday 27th June.
- Race the Train – Wednesday 11th July.
- 40th Anniversary Run – Mark Baker trying to organise a suitable event.
- Website – we will invest in a backup if the website is down.
- Runner ID bands – recommended for runner safety.
- Club Tent – new poles needed.
- Next Meeting – Monday 21 May 2018 at 8pm at Spencer Davies’ residence.
Minutes prepared by Mark Baker