NORTHBROOK ATHLETIC CLUB COMMITTEE MEETING
held on 19 March 2018
A. French (President)
R. Adams (Chairman)
M. Baker (Secretary)
A. Mackness (Treasurer)
R. Cawley (Membership Secretary and Social Secretary)
S. Davies (Men’s Captain)
C. Fenn (Women’s Captain)
R. Ladbury (Guest)
- Apologies – None
- Matters Arising – None
- Treasurer’s Report – Tony Mackness showed details of the accounts. Tony is investigating some unauthorised direct debit requests to our account from an insurance company.
- Social Secretary Report – A post marathon meal and a 40th Anniversary of Northbrook could be organised in 2018. Richard Cawley will need support for organising these events. Sphinx are trying to organise a Christmas meal for all local clubs.
- Mens/Ladies Captains’ Report – Cath Fenn and the ladies ran well at the recent cross-country races. However, the ladies are now in Division 2. The men and ladies ran the National Cross-Country Champs in London and the 12 stage relays in Sutton Park. Jo Brown won a Mystery Trail Race.
- 10Km race – Next race is on Sunday 8th July 2018. Entries are open and are being received. The main charity is Cyrenians. Press releases are needed for publicity soon.
- Runner of the Month –
- February 2018 winners – Men: Richard Hodge (supporting club XC and leading level 1 training), Ladies: Amy Burdis (XC and supporting races regularly and baking).
- Any other business:
- Training runs – Clive Horton organising at 9am from Jaguar. Monday runs continue at 6pm from Memorial Park
- Subscriptions – Richard Cawley has had 126 payments so far. Many more need to be paid
- Summer Handicap – starts on Wednesday 4th April
- Parkrun Cup – Richard Cawley organising final for remaining two entrants
- The Birmingham League XC AGM – is on 23 March; we will bid for a race, possibly with another local club
- Coventry Half Marathon – 18th March 2018 – unfortunately this race was cancelled due to bad weather. Bob Adams was on BBC C&W radio before the cancellation.
- Cotswold Hilly 100 relay – date is Sunday 27th May 2018
- Bedworth Park Run – this is a new event – we will organise a club day there soon
- Cov Tri Club – asked if we want to publicise club at their Sprint Tri on 20th May
- Beavers Club – Cath Fenn visited the group at the Scout Hut to discuss training
- Mailing List – the committee agreed that Roger Ladbury could use software to improve mailing list communications
- GDPR rules – Roger Ladbury discussed these new data security compliance rules we need to follow including data privacy
- Next Meeting – Monday 23 April 2018 at 8pm at Cath Fenn’s residence.
Minutes prepared by Mark Baker