NORTHBROOK ATHLETIC CLUB COMMITTEE MEETING
held on 19 February 2018
R. Adams (Chairman)
M. Baker (Secretary)
A. Mackness (Treasurer)
R. Cawley (Membership Secretary and Social Secretary)
S. Davies (Men’s Captain)
C. Fenn (Women’s Captain)
R. Ladbury (Guest)
- Apologies – None
- Matters Arising – Welcome to the new committee, especially Richard Cawley who is covering two roles.
- Treasurer’s Report – Tony Mackness showed details of the accounts. Tony is investigating some unauthorised direct debit requests to our account from an insurance company.
- Social Secretary Report – Thanks to Julie Liggett for organising the Awards Night at Hearsall Golf Club – over 100 people attended. A post marathon meal and a 40th Anniversary of Northbrook will be organised in 2018. Richard Cawley will need support for organising these events.
- Mens/Ladies Captains’ Report –
- Cath Fenn and the women ran well at the recent vross-country. However, the women are now relegated to Division 2 of the Midland Women’s Cross-Country League. Spencer Davies said that the men also ran well in the cross-country season. However, the men were relegated to Division 3 of the Birmingham & District Invitation Cross-Country League after the last race at Cheltenham. The remaining cross-country race is the National Cross-Country Champs in London. The 12 stage relays are in Sutton Park soon.
- 10Km race – Next race is on Sunday 8th July 2018. Entries open in March 2018. The main chairty is Coventry Cyrenians.
- Runner of the Month – January 2018 winners – Men: Craig Slyde (got 2 PBs and ran all the XC races), Women: Sally Eason (top of road race league table).
- Any other business:
- Sunday Training runs – Clive Horton organising at 9am from Jaguar. Monday runs continue at 6pm from Memorial Park
- Subscriptions – Richard Cawley has had 45 payments so far. Many more need to be paid
- Parkrun Cup – Richard Cawley organising final for remaining two entrants
- The Birmingham League Cross-Country AGM – is on 23rd March. We will bid for a race, possibly with another local club. The women have asked to run the same distances as the men, but no changes have been approved.
- Coventry Half Marathon – 18th March 2018 – Dave Long has again asked for Northbrook help and participation and we have sent details to publicise the club
- Cotswold Hilly 100 relay – date is Sunday 27th May 2018
- GDPR rules – Roger Ladbury described these new data security compliance rules we need to follow
- Recruiting new runners – various ideas were discussed.
- Next Meeting – Monday 19 March 2018 at 8pm at Bob Adams’ residence.
Minutes prepared by Mark Baker