NORTHBROOK ATHLETIC CLUB COMMITTEE MEETING
held on 8 January 2018
A. French (President)
R.. Adams (Chairman)
M. Baker (Secretary)
A. Mackness (Treasurer)
S. Davies (Men’s Captain)
C. Fenn (Acting Ladies’ Captain)
J. Liggett (Social Secretary)
R. Ladbury (Guest)
- Apologies – R. Cawley (Membership Secretary), C. Rowntree (Ladies Captain)
- Matters Arising – none
- Treasurer’s Report – Tony Mackness showed details of the accounts. Membership has increased over the year.
- Social Secretary Report – Thanks to Julie Liggett for organising the Christmas meal at The Farmhouse on 8th December, The Awards Night is at Hearsall Golf Club on Saturday 13th January 2018.Over 100 people will attend. A 40th Anniversary of Northbrook will be organised in 2018.
- Mens/Ladies Captains’ Report – Cath Fenn and the women ran well at the Warks Cross-Country at Warley Woods. The next league race is at Cofton Park. Spencer Davies said that the men also ran well at the Warks Cross-Country. They will also compete at Cofton Park for the next Birmingham Cross-Country League. Remaining cross-country races are the final league races, the Midlands Cross-Country and National Cross-Country.
- 10Km race – Next race is on Sunday 8th July 2018. Entries open in March 2018. Charities to be finalised. Over £24k donated since 2005.
- Runner of the Month – December 2017 winners – Men: Liam Mills (cross-country league PB, then 5 minutes off half marathon PB the next day), Women: Jill Pittard (fell at Coombe 8, then ran cross-country at Stratford).
- Any other business:
- Sunday Training runs – Clive Horton organising at 9am from Jaguar Club. Monday runs continue at 6pm from Memorial Park
- AGM – Wednesday 24th January at Jaguar Club
- Under 18s – details for membership are on club website FAQ page
- Parkrun Cup – Richard Cawley organising final for remaining two entrants
- Christmas Cracker Run – Thanks to Tony Mackness for organising run on 17th December. Around £100 was raised for charity
- London Marathon Club Places – 2 places received – won by Tommy Dempsey and Damian Pharoah
- Brighton Marathon Club Places – 10 places available
- Coventry Half Marathon – 18th March 2018 – Dave Long has again asked for Northbrook help and participation and we have sent details to publicise the club
- Cotswold Hilly 100 relay – date is Sunday 27th May 2018.
- Next Meeting – AGM on Wednesday 24 January at 8.30pm at Jaguar Sports & Social Club.
Minutes prepared by Mark Baker