Coronavirus (COVID-19) Statement
This page will be updated as the situation changes (last updated 16 March 2020)
Due to the recent release from the UK Government:
“In the first of a series of daily briefings on the virus, the prime minister – alongside the government’s chief scientific and medical advisers – said the key new measures are:
- Everyone should avoid gatherings and crowded places, such as pubs, clubs and theatres
- Everyone should work from home if they can
- All “unnecessary” visits to friends and relatives in care homes should cease
- By next weekend, those with the most serious health conditions must be “largely shielded from social contact for around 12 weeks”
- The UK is now “three weeks” behind Italy – the worst-hit country in Europe
- If one person in any household has a persistent cough or fever, everyone living there must stay at home for 14 days
- Those people should, if possible, avoid leaving the house “even to buy food or essentials” – but they may leave the house “for exercise and, in that case, at a safe distance from others”
- Schools will not be closed for the moment
Chief medical adviser Prof Chris Whitty said the group of people who should take “particular care to minimise their social contact”were:
- People over the age of 70
- Other adults who would normally be advised to have the flu vaccine (such as those with chronic diseases)
- Pregnant women
Mr Johnson said “drastic action” was needed as the UK approaches “the fast growth part of the upward curve” in the number of cases.” – to read more go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51917562.
It is with regret that we need to cancel all training sessions for the time being. We will continue to monitor the information from the UK Government and other National Organisations to keep you up-to-date, and we will let you know when the training sessions can start back up.
Should you go out and do a training session you will note you will not be insured under Northbrook AC. Could you please inform us if you have self-isolated and attended any Northbrook events by emailing email@example.com.
There is further running related advice on the England Atheltics website – see the EA Coronavirus Statement